That C-O-L-L-I-N-G-WO-O-D sign

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Is that possible?
11 letters means 11 people to hold them up, or 5 if they hold 2 each.
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

hehe
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
stik35

Post by stik35 »

I think it looks great and it's all part of the cheersquad.

Before we got our allocated seats, I was told on several occasions to sit down and stop waving my flag after a goal.

That really p'd me off because that is what we do in the cheersquad.

Now, thankfully I am surrounded by like minded people and I suggest that if people do not like flag waving, people standing, chanting etc then you either request a seat RIGHT up the back next year or give someone else a go in the Cheersquad as there is a waiting list.

Maybe the letters could be moved to different rows each week so it's not in front of the same people every time.

Or are they doing that already? I noticed it started off down the front and is now up the back.

The reason they are held up so long is because the cameras quite often focus on the sign after a goal.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Hey stik i totally agree with you, and is is good to get a point of reference for replays to see where we all are. But,and this is what upset those around me -not just me- to hold them up untill after the ball is bounced is not fair.
ive said it before and i'll say it again we have a great cheer squad, and this beacuse of our passion and love of or club. It jusy seems a pity that a dozen or so people can decide to block the view for EvEeRyoNe behind them till they want to drop the letters. Isolated flags, banners do not totally obstruct the view,11 letters in a row do.

go pies
cobood

Post by cobood »

Long live the COLLINGWOOD sign...

Mammamia if it really is a problem with you I suggest you ring or write to Eddie and complain......

And yes because we are in the c/squad we have to learn to do away with the little luxury of seeing every minute of the game..... Do wot the majority if not all of us OLD c/squad members do TAPE IT!!! :lol: :wink:
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

And you are a moderator? God help us if this is true.
In future Cobbod, i'll just shut up and wait for the fireworks that nearly began last week happen. I am sure the opposiion squads would love to see fighting in the cheer squad. Use your eyes Cobbod read what i have been saying, many - many people were annoyed, not just me.Not just the kids around me.Of course the message you are sending to everyone is if you have a complaint or are unhappy about anything to do with the cheerssquad,--- ShUt uP!!!!!!!!!! or call Eddie. That suggestion alone indicates you really are not in touch with reality. :shock:

But then Cobbod what about the others that don't have access to the net or don't like to complain,until they decide to take action? How are you going to shut them up? :evil:
I would reitierate what i have been saying but i believe THE other hundreds that have read this thread have got the gist first time. Interesting point as well Cob, hundred read this thread, two, one being you have dusputed it.
And you are a moderator! :roll:

Oh dear i've complained about a moderator !
I wait for my very own dear Dr Alf thread. : :cry:
zoia

Post by zoia »

oh get over it
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

just to let you know, everyone of my posts in this thread has been tongue in cheek as a fair majority of my posts are. But seriously if you've got a problem then why don't you go up to the people invovled and ask them if they could not do when the ball is bounced, quite simple really
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Same here Geoffy, good to see the sign in action again yesterday better to see it up and down in a reasonable time. Point all along was and i hate to reiterate it is while it is up no-0ne behind them can see... yesterday was fine, and i didn't see anyone upset like they were last week.And yes they were yelled out last week to drop them a bit quicker and those yelling at them were ignored.
JLC

Post by JLC »

I have no problem with flag waving etc or when the chant leader stands up to chant as thats his job and thats what the cheersquad is all about. However if i had people holding up a sign when the game was on then that would annoy me.

Perhaps for a week the people holding the sign could swap rows with the people behind them and give them the letters and see if it annoys them.

Cheer loud throughout the game but dont obstruct people from seeing the action :)

Also i have noticed that many people are not sitting in their correct seats. Then when my friends come to their CORRECT seats its like we are intruding. Our seats are up the back so i think my worry is that the people using our seats are not even cheersquad members. Maybe you need to tell the red coats to be more vigilent.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Well Mamamia, I had the pleasure of sitting directly behind the sign at yesterday's game and I had absolutely no problem with it but then as I am sitting down the front of the cheersquad I also sit directly behind the floggers as well.

Our view of the game is quite often obscured by the people in the first few rows but I wouldn't want to sit anywhere else.

After all if we can't have floggers, signs and flags what sort of Cheersquad would we be?

Just as a matter of interest Mamamia, you wouldn't happen to be the woman behind us who poked my son with her flag because he was trying to see over the people in front would you?
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

And that is what i am getting at Jlc, like you like most here i have NO problem with chants/flags/signs other than blocking the game unduly. Thats all.We have the best cheer squad in the league- no question about that!

As to seating it seems to have been a problem really since the away game against the doggies at telstra. People seemed to be getting the home - away mixed up on their cards. It can be annoying but all the more so for those sitting in your seat when you turn up 5 minutes before the game,which is your right of course.They then must find new seats or move to their proper seats. All the more annoying for them i reckon.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Stik no- i was up the back, and noticed the signs were down before recommencement of play. No problems at all yesterday or,to be honest any other time.It was just last week. And i am amazed the lady poked your son with a flag on purpose,i think i'd have told to pull her head in!
Despite the rain it was a fantastic game yesterday and the tribute to Bobby Rose was moving.
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Don't worry Mamamia I certainly told her more than that.

She did actually come and apologise after the game, I was still ropable but I appreciated the apology and apologised for giving her a mouthfull too. LOL
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

"And you are a moderator? God help us if this is true." ??? mamamia THE ONLY REASON you even have a forum to vent your anger about this issue or any other is that some-one gives their time for free (although those that do it does certainly cost them) to moderate this topic, to attack cobood B'cos he/she disagree's with you is weak as. there's no need for it at all, comments like "Oh dear i've complained about a moderator !
I wait for my very own dear Dr Alf thread" if you don't like moderators fine, but atleast the moderator's have the nuts to stand up and keep this board alive so you can bring your petty little problems to the attention of "THE other hundreds that have read this thread".
and no I'm not a mod, pull ya head in.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!