#2 Shane Woewodin

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

I was the same as far as expectations go. Pissed off when he played that game where his leg speed showed out. I was at a game and a friend pointed out some of the little things he does. So I have watched him more closely now. Lower your expectations and just watch him in a game. He may not be fast, but does run the same speed the whole game. Positions himself better now as he is getting used to his role and the team play. As I said he is not in my top 5, but is in the 22 that starts each week.
Madpies_Fan

Post by Madpies_Fan »

I liked the poem, well done! The only expectation I had of him, is that he would come into the team and do as instructed, go hard, play for the team and get some good possesions. He has been getting around 20 or so possesions in recent games, and has been among the BOG mentions in some of these games. He might'n be super fast, but as a commentator said on sat. night, he'll run all day tho. I don't think Mick would be disappointed.
Bec
Go Pies!!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

In case any body missed the point, its supposed to be sung to the tune of Skater Boy by Avril Lavigne.
Woey2

Post by Woey2 »

Madeleine wrote:not one whose heart doesn't still beat the colour of his old team.
Aye, that does still seem to be the case.

Woey's been pretty good for you guys I reckon. Followed him pretty closely this year and he's done a lot of the harder work. He's got some intensity back into his game now, a desire to acheive after being let go by us.

He was good against the Roos, he uses the ball well and isn't affraid to get in the way and put his body over the ball.

That said, he is still a Demon, he always will be to a lot of people.

Watching after the North game he was walking off alone, to the side of the pack. Same thing at 3/4, there was the beginning of a little push and shove with David King. Lucuria came in and helped out, it fizzled and the players walked towards their huddles. Woey was walking alone, a couple of steps and then his head went straight down, Lucuria came by and picked him up again and they jogged in.

They're just little things but they give the impression he's having a hard time fitting in. Under the circumstances he's doing pretty well imo.
woey-222

Post by woey-222 »

Hav'nt heard or read anything like it in a long time, :D excellent work WhyPhilWhy?. Makes Avrils version look ordinary. :cry:
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
2-WOEWODIN-2 2-WOEWODIN-2
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

To those doubters about his love for our club and jumper, take a good hard look at him put his body on the line in so many contested possesions. You do not do that if your not committed to the cause. He is starting to read our teams play and now makes room and sets up options whether it be down forward or down back. 20 possesions this week 5 out of defence 50 and 2 into forward 50 with one goal.

I don't know what you knockers expect from him, I think it's about time you give praise when it's due. And if you think he walks away from the team because he is not part of the team. Look again he is actually shaking hands with nearly every opposition player. True sportsman and no wonder he won the Brownlow with those sort of gestures.

Woey is a Magpie now, get use to it. I have.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Woey 2 - Wishful thinking mate.

Your post above has all the sincerityof a jilted lover who pretends that an ex-boyfriend is happy in a new relationship, but really wants them to be miserable.

Any other players walk off by themselves or off to one side? You didn't notice? Or you didn't look? What a surprise.

He's our boy now....
d9 tank

Post by d9 tank »

spot on whyphilwhy, the Dees supporters just can't let go at the moment.

After two or three years in the black and white his days at the Dees will be a distaint memory.

He is and will be forever from here on in a magpie.
stik35

Post by stik35 »

In a radio interview after the game yesterday, Woey said he has been welcomed and embraced by all of our supporters - we could not have made him more welcome.

I'm sure he is doing his very best for OUR team - there is no point crying over spilt milk.
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
colt

Post by colt »

Was watching the team after the siren and I too noticed that Woey was missing from the pack.....and where was he......over shaking the hand of all the opposition players not just his opponent.

That's our boy, what a great sportsman :D
Woey2

Post by Woey2 »

I wish the guy all the best...seeing him playing for you guys makes it much harder to hate Collingwood :oops: :lol: It takes time for players to settle in at new clubs, Woey's at the point now where he has found his place in the side.

He lost a bit of his speed when he put on weight in order to break tags more after the 2000 season. During his Brownlow year he was really quick, very good at running down opponents and making tackles.

He works bloody hard on and off the field too, you always get 100% out of him, even when he's injured.

The point I made about walking away from the team. It wasn't that he walks away from them, it seemed that he wasn't "one of the boys" for a while. Queen's Birthday that changed, once he got passed the hurdle of playing his old club. Saw it again at the North game, but then didn't at the Freo one, so I guess it's just one of those things.

Just quickly - we're paying $80,000 of his contract this year and $60,000 the next two years. Essendon's paying $60,000 a year for Chris Heffernan's contract with us, so aside from the difference in contract (c.$500,000 vs $260,000), it balances.

The draft pick was Pick 16, which became Pick 14, who we used to take Daniel Bell, a very young South Australian. At the moment you guys clearly have the better end of the deal, time will tell what we do with the leftover money and what happens to Bell.

Cheers.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Don't worry Woey, rumours a fold is Neil Daniher to go and be replaced by either Mark Harvey or Terry Daniher as coach. Speculation may even ne on talking footy tonight. Not that I knwo anything.

Neil Daniher is the problem with Melbournes woes, pardon the pun.
Buckley_King

Post by Buckley_King »

Woewodin was good against Fremantle. There, I said it.

Who knows if this Bell guy will be any good. What if he turns out to be a very good player though? In 2006 he could be killing them at AFL while SW is enjoying retirement.

Then again, Bell could be shit :) .

I must admit that I am starting to like SW. As long as he gets at least 20 possessions a game, I'll be happy.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Another top effort from Woey, Puts his body on the line. Makes a contest. Quality posessions all day. I know it was only Carlton, but he is in a purple patch. And did ya see him take the scum on at half time? Go Woey.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Just quickly - we're paying $80,000 of his contract this year and $60,000 the next two years. Essendon's paying $60,000 a year for Chris Heffernan's contract with us, so aside from the difference in contract (c.$500,000 vs $260,000), it balances.
LMAO! you pay us $80k and then say it balances B'cos essenscum give you cash, lmao so both melb and ess give away players and money!
sounds a bit silly to me, but thank you very much for the cash and the GUN footballer!

LMAO must suck to be a deeeeeees fan, no woey, no money, no "A grade coach", no future!!!!!!!!!!!! back to the snow for you!
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!