Coaches sacking watch 2013

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

jack_spain wrote:We might have to add Scott Watters' name to this list. We all know the Saints have a notoriously short fuse for patience in coaches.
The Saints board and supporters will know that Watters needs to rebuild the side, so I doubt he'll face the sack unless they performed really poorly to the standards of Melbourne and GWS for example.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Jezza wrote:
jack_spain wrote:We might have to add Scott Watters' name to this list. We all know the Saints have a notoriously short fuse for patience in coaches.
The Saints board and supporters will know that Watters needs to rebuild the side, so I doubt he'll face the sack unless they performed really poorly to the standards of Melbourne and GWS for example.
Watters is doing fine i reckon. He has another season minimum. He has bugger all and all ageing stars, he is in full rebuild mode and can now give kosi the ass.
Buon Giorno
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

Watters has done fairly well with a tattered list. If he continues to introduce youth and can bring in some bigger bodies to support them, they will improve.
Genesis 1:1
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Jezza wrote:
But Jezza, this is a club that sacked Malcolm Blight mid-season when they were doing better than St Kilda are now. Their culture never changes. Have a look at Saintsational.
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Lyon didn't leave a club on the rise - he knew the state of things and was not prepared to hang around for the leaner times. Same as Malthouse would never have gone to any club that wasn't big and rich. He used to play for St Kilda but coaching them would be beneath him.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

After this weekend you can only say that nothing has changed for Mark Neeld yet (although Peter Jackson the new CEO saying that no position is safe is not reassuring). A 60 point thrashing is not positive though.

But two more coaches are definitely up for the chop by season's end:

1. Michael Voss is odds on not to have his contract renewed.

2. After the way the Dogs are playing Brendon McCartney can start packing his bags.

The jury is out on how patient they are down at Moorabbin as well.

STOP PRESS: Since I typed this the Bulldogs are coming back against a typically weak West Coast who loves to get over-run in the second half. Perhaps Worsfold might be on the list as well. A certainty if the Weagles miss the finals I'd say.

PPS: No I underestimated how crap the Bulldogs really are. The Weagles bring Nic Nat on and go bang, bang, bang. Game over.
Last edited by jack_spain on Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jack_spain wrote:
Jezza wrote:
But Jezza, this is a club that sacked Malcolm Blight mid-season when they were doing better than St Kilda are now. Their culture never changes. Have a look at Saintsational.
jack, you have written some rubbish in your time here; this reply to jezza is right up there for ill informed, misinformed tripe.

watters is very safe.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

John Wren wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Jezza wrote: The Saints board and supporters will know that Watters needs to rebuild the side, so I doubt he'll face the sack unless they performed really poorly to the standards of Melbourne and GWS for example.
jack, you have written some rubbish in your time here; this reply to jezza is right up there for ill informed, misinformed tripe.

watters is very safe.
How do you know you troll? :P :lol:
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jack_spain wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jack_spain wrote: But Jezza, this is a club that sacked Malcolm Blight mid-season when they were doing better than St Kilda are now. Their culture never changes. Have a look at Saintsational.

watters is very safe.
How do you know you troll? :P :lol:
i trawl stuff. i must ask my friends on saintsational what they're views are.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

Neeld, Voss and Worsfold are my favoured candidates.
Eagles look very shaky and Worsfold has been there for a long time and the board might consider time for a change. They were widely predicted to be Top 2 by many so-called experts at season's start. Injuries a problem but last week's loss to Port, and the circumstances of it, was deplorable.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

They looked a different side today though.....voss would be mine.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Scotch »

Worsfold deserves to be given until the end of the Season. And I hope they give him the opportunity to coach to the end of the season if he wants to, regardless of how poorly they end up doing (they'll get better as their players return).
"Life is too important to be taken seriously" ~ Oscar Wilde
woodisgood

Post by woodisgood »

If gap between expectation and reality is any criteria, then Voss has to be on shaky ground if this continues.

Otherwise, I really think this will be a light year for coach culling, after last year's bumper harvest.

Watters is safe. And I think McC is fine, the bulldogs are frankly where they should be, they have no talls yet worth the name, their big bodied midfielders are all too old and on the slide, and so it was always going to be bad. If they were being honest with themselves, they knew this was coming.
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen. "

Winston Churchill
Albert Parker

Re: Yes

Post by Albert Parker »

Hiss wrote:I predict the North bloke will got before the end of the season. Voss is a certainty to get booted. Now the Melbourne bloke will probably be asked to step down to avoid the embarrassment of them having to terminate another coach. I feel Adelaide may need to look elsewhere. The real joke is how the Fat Greek Colonel can seriously offer that whorehouse GWS team as a serious side. They reckon that they will improve. Ha ha! Does shit ever smell different as it ages? Scientific fact. Once shit always shit. It only decomposes. And that ain't a good omen for GWS. Sheedy is beyond description on this family website. Do they take coaches sacking bets on Waterhiss.com.au?
Scott has just been signed for 4 or 5 years. they can't afford to pay that out. bad call Caro.
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Would love to see Voss get the chop!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators