Pull your head in.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Joe

Pull your head in.

Post by Joe »

last week at the tigers game I sat away from the cs for three quarters with some friends.In the last quarter I sat with the cs.I got told off at least twice for celebrating a goal by standing up by fellow cs members sitting behind me.
Maybe I am wrong but isnt that what the cs is about celebrating the clubs success and failures with passion.I am not being critical of these ones as I may have been blocking their view for at least 20 seconds after the goal.Some people that sit in the cs should be made aware at joining, that there will be people in the cs who will chant and celebrate goals,if this is a problem then look at joining the mcc members.lol
I got slightly annoyed as i was doing this amongst non cs people for three quarters and no one said anything.
What is the official line,has anyone else got an opinion on this and how it can be resolved.
vamp7

Post by vamp7 »

Absolutely totally agree magpie Joe , :D
Chanting, singing Waving flags, paties, signs jumping up and down,going berserk.enjoying your selfs is part of being in the C/S.
Unfortunately some ppl can be sour. :?
We in the C/S don't all get along understandable people clash,
but one thing we all agree on is the Pies winning, and celebrating each way we please.
Yes there view is blocked for a min or so. Hey is it such a problem when they have kicked a goal.?:roll:
I guess next year the club should point out to members that it can be wild and your view will be obstructed at times .... :wink:
Come on all we are heading into finals, time to be happy and big celebrations on the way........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We Are Black We Are White We Are Bloody Dynamite :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miss you Jarrod...
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

you have to wonder why people join the CS if they prefer to watch the game calmly and quietly. nothing wrong with that at all, but there are 70000 other seats at the G to do that. could it be because the CS membership is cheaper?
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Personally, I think it sucks.

People around me have been told numerous times how annoyingly 'noisy' they are. There was one cheersquad member who proceeded to put their hands over their ears everytime we'd chant.

Like ahem... 'Cheer Squad'.

Nuff said.

The effect that signage, loud chants and noise make is what the cheersquad is there for. That is why we get 'cheaper seats' because you are really I guess, supposed to 'work' for that privelige.

Jen
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
JLC

Post by JLC »

I am all for celebrating a goal. However when the ball is bounced i like to see the action on the field as opposed to somebodies bum in my face.

As for the noise level the people complaining shouldnt be sitting in the cheersquad.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Christian_family5

pull your head in / or out???

Post by Christian_family5 »

:?: :?: :?: we joined the c/s for two reasons one so as imy daughter could see the game and i did not like climbing to the top of the stand secondly for the want to be more than just a spectator.
and what have we the christian family five got from this all, simple, great friends, fantastic trips, with another still to come, so really if someone blocks my veiw for a few seconds i just stand up as well and go ballistic after a goal and really enjoy it like most others :twisted: :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
zoia

Post by zoia »

joe u should have just told them stiff if u dont like it bad luck but in a nicer way. I wonder who told u this
cobood

Post by cobood »

I agree with all of you guys..... this has been said before and a bitch fight developed... so Im sorry but Im closing this thread before things get out of hand again..... Sorry Folks!!
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/