Cheer Squad Chants.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Sly

Cheer Squad Chants.

Post by Sly »

While I continue to wait for the Cheer Squad to resurrect the old chant: "The Woods! The Woods! The Woods-The Woods-The Woods!" (and surely somebody in the Cheer Squad must remember it), another chant suggestion, this one for Richard Cole, and to be picked-up by the wrestling-fans following Cole's spearing-tackle of Leigh Brown against Norf.

COLE-BERG! COLE-BERG! COLE-BERG!
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

Like it! I wish i hadn't heard the wooey chant on sat, its been going thru my head for daze now! Damn catchy. and don't start on josh!!
Is there one for Prestigiacomo ? Perhaps
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy------------ Presti!!!!!!!
zoia

Post by zoia »

i love that woey chant it pisses a couple of people off when i do it lol
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

i sat near the cheer squad for the last couple of weeks and i think they should get some new chants as some are crap

PS lets see if anyone on here can come up with some new chants
Stormin

Post by Stormin »

I was so bored at the game (no opposition) i was thinking of new player chants.

The best I could come up with was "Wakelin up before ya go go" but i will have to call on other magpie minds to finish this one off for me!
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

geordie_matt wrote:i sat near the cheer squad for the last couple of weeks and i think they should get some new chants as some are crap

PS lets see if anyone on here can come up with some new chants
Don't take this the wrong way Geordie but why don't you join the cheersquad then and make your suggestions reality. If you want your chants heard, generally you've gotta be prepared to start them.
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

We are happy with the chants and like every year we will be looking for new ones for next season..you gotta remember aussie crowds are very different to english crowds so therefore a lot of singing is out of the question..the game moves too quick..people lose interest
we are trying to do our best believe me we really are.

Sly i will catch up with you sat night at telstra dome for the woods the woods the woods chant
cheers
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

Lorelei wrote:
geordie_matt wrote:]

Don't take this the wrong way Geordie but why don't you join the cheersquad then and make your suggestions reality. .
i didn't take it the wrong way and as for saying why don't i join the cheer squad well i was in the cheer squad for about 5 years during the mid to late ninties before i moved interstate but now that i am back in melbourne i probally will join the cheer squad again
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:you gotta remember aussie crowds are very different to english crowds so therefore a lot of singing is out of the question..the game moves too quick..people lose interest
we are trying to do our best believe me we really are.
just to let everyone know i am not just being picky and i don't want to piss anyone off but there are chants which would be good to use and sound good that don't involve a lot of singing so people don't lose interest

i just think been from a soccer background and knowing most of the songs sung (i know the game is to quick for long chants) that there is some great chants which are one liners or short chants that would make us without doubt the best cheer squad
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

i reckon the cheer squad chants are fine. If new "catchy" ones are thought of then they would obviously be used.
Theres no point coming up with a verse of a song if its not catchy. Anyway, if you dont like them, dont sing them.
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

please don't take offence to what i am about to say because this is just my opinion but i think that aussie sports supporters have no good chants are are not very origanal when it comes to chants and they also have no tune to them when they come up with a chant and all i was saying is that i think there are heaps of NEW chants that the cheer squad could use if people used there imagination (that are not long and they are catchy)

as i said it is only my opinion and i don't expect people to agree with me
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

Hey geordie matt

No offence taken buddy :) its good to hear what other people are thinking and we welcome any suggestions or opinions in all aspects of our cheersquad...This is why i strongly believe that every couple of years the committee memebrs of cheersquads should change roles or stand aside and give others a chance to bring in new ideas and fresh leadership within the group.
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

cheers joffa
RitchieColeRocks

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

Please no Cole-Berg chant. It's just so... UHH under what the guy deserves. :(
"Carn the Pies"
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

i have a good chant for richard cole it is to the tune of KUM-BY-YAH MY LORD

RICHARD COLE MY LORD,RICHARD COLE
OHH LORD RICHARD COLE

that will sound excellent if people join in

let me know what you think because i have more chants like that
Last edited by geordie_matt on Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.