Coaches sacking watch 2013

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

stoliboy wrote:Please be Hird!
We can only hope. How he's still coaching is mind boggling :evil:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
E

Post by E »

GreekLunatic wrote:bucks will see his term out but its depressing seeing our side play with no plan. If essendon are found guilty do they sack hird
dude, are you still depressed about our lack of plan? Or was the better thing to say - i am depressed about how many injuries to key players we have suffered.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Don't worry, Bucks is safe as houses now. He's still learning, but things are coming together nicely now.

Neil Craig is gone though.
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

Neil Craig was only a temporary coach until the end of the year Jack.

What about Mick? Imagine if Carlton didn't win another game for the whole year :P
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

jack_spain wrote:Don't worry, Bucks is safe as houses now. He's still learning, but things are coming together nicely now.

How can you sack someone who is an interim coach? Unless he loses his post as an assistant at years end...

Post by 5150 »

Stupied wrote:
jack_spain wrote:Don't worry, Bucks is safe as houses now. He's still learning, but things are coming together nicely now.

How can you sack someone who is an interim coach? Unless he loses his post as an assistant at years end...
May not be helping his cause if he wanted the gig next year.

Nobody can help those gutless turds, time for good clubs to pick the eyes out of the decent players and ensure a second bye during the year - this one for 4 points!

Love to see them languishing down the bottom for another 10 years at least with St Kilda and Carlton.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Jezza wrote:Neil Craig was only a temporary coach until the end of the year Jack.

What about Mick? Imagine if Carlton didn't win another game for the whole year :P
Yeah, but Craig still wanted (and perhaps expected) to get the job next year. But no, sayonara Craig's List - it stinks.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Melbourne have stated that they want an experienced senior coach. Doesn't leave them much, does it?

There is Craig, there is Williams, there is Eade, and then there is the forgotten one with the dollar signs who used to coach Ninthmond. (Can't remember his name. Neither should you.)

Roos isn't interested in coaching, let alone that rabble; Barassi has retired; Tom Hafey reckons he won't live long enough to see any success at Melbourne (fit as he is, Tommy is only good for another 40 or 50 years); Bomber Thompson has enough trouble already at Essendope. After that, you are down to the experienced failures looking to repeat; they don't want that.

Eade isn't stupid; Williams isn't too bright, but he's bright enough to run away (not walk) from the Melbourne gig; so that leaves the forgotten one with the dollar signs who used to coach Ninthmond. (Can't remember his name. Neither should you. But it is Terry Wallace. Do try to forget that.) Melbourne can't afford him, which is probably a good thing for their sake, as he never wins anything anyway.

Who is left? Craig. Bank on it. Or, if they want a successful, experienced senior coach with a demonstrated record at doing something half decent with basket cases, they could give John Northey a call.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Maybe you should ask someone older.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Well early on this season we thought Voss would go, but now it is a genuine shock.

The Brions better have someone lined up or they will be hard pressed to find an experienced coach.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

jack_spain wrote:Well early on this season we thought Voss would go, but now it is a genuine shock.

The Brions better have someone lined up or they will be hard pressed to find an experienced coach.
Harvey?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

So is Worsfold staying or going?

Most in the media and me included thought he was looking to walk away from the job at the end of the year but now that doesn't seem so clear.

So if he stays and someone hasn't already been earmarked for the Brisbane position I wonder if Scott Burns would be in contention.

As for Melbourne I'd go after Mark Williams if he has any interest.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Jezza

Post by Jezza »

swoop42 wrote:So is Worsfold staying or going?

Most in the media and me included thought he was looking to walk away from the job at the end of the year but now that doesn't seem so clear.

So if he stays and someone hasn't already been earmarked for the Brisbane position I wonder if Scott Burns would be in contention.

I remember hearing earlier in the year that Worsfold began to lose motivation for coaching and frankly you can't blame him as he's been coaching the Eagles since 2002 now which makes him the longest-serving coach in the league at the moment with one club. In saying all this, it hasn't been confirmed whether Worsfold is staying or not at the Eagles beyond this year.

I was hearing that Roos was one of the candidates that could take over if Worsfold was to walk away, but naturally Scotty Burns seems next in line to take Worsfold's job at the Eagles. I actually wish Burnsy would come to the Pies and be Bucks' number two. It would be fantastic to have two great leaders at the club.

Roos is either not going to coach, go to the Eagles, replace Voss at the Lions or go to Melbourne. I'd say the Lions and Eagles are favourites to obtain him unless the AFL's intervention may persuade him to join Melbourne which is unlikely though.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:So is Worsfold staying or going?

I remember hearing earlier in the year that Worsfold began to lose motivation for coaching and frankly you can't blame him as he's been coaching the Eagles since 2002 now which makes him the longest-serving coach in the league at the moment with one club. In saying all this, it hasn't been confirmed whether Worsfold is staying or not at the Eagles beyond this year.

I was hearing that Roos was one of the candidates that could take over if Worsfold was to walk away, but naturally Scotty Burns seems next in line to take Worsfold's job at the Eagles. I actually wish Burnsy would come to the Pies and be Bucks' number two. It would be fantastic to have two great leaders at the club.

Roos is either not going to coach, go to the Eagles, replace Voss at the Lions or go to Melbourne. I'd say the Lions and Eagles are favourites to obtain him unless the AFL's intervention may persuade him to join Melbourne which is unlikely though.
I have seen quite a few of Worsfold's post-game press conferences this year and something is NQR. I wouldn't be surprised if he is diagnosed with Early Onset Dementia. I am quite serious. Last week he couldn't even say the word "continuity". And Worsfold is a pharmacist by profession. He's no dummy.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

I'm getting in early. The Weagles would be crazy to give Worsfold a contract now!