decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Hmm, they will have to kill him off you'd reckon, or there is danger of a spin off.

Poor ol Jessie, can't win a trick!

Wonder where it's going hey?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mandy

Post by mandy »

As I tread lightly towards the finale of the GOAT in Breaking Bad, watched a few new shows this week.

The Blacklist - Looks good, lots of potential. Will see how episode 2 goes.

Hostages - Looked really good, but I struggle to see how this storyline could be made into a series. A movie might have been a better option. We'll see....
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Has anyone watched a show called Rectify?

http://www.tv.com/news/rectify-is-the-b ... 910410621/

Sounds promising so might have to download it in the coming days.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
mandy

Post by mandy »

I'm not ready for today. :(
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
mandy

Post by mandy »

And....................... they nailed it! Superb series finale.

Well done Breaking Bad. I miss you already. :(
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive

Post by think positive »

Wow, that was the perfect ending all right.

Mind blowingly good series, never went through a bad patch.

Yep will miss it, hard act to follow that's for sure
Jezza
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

I can't believe it's all over, but all good things need to come an end.

What a brilliant series finale on Breaking Bad. One of the greatest TV shows I've ever seen along with The Sopranos. I don't think we'll see a show as good as that for a long time. I feel like re-watching it from the pilot again and analysing the themes more deeply again.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

A moving and intelligent final episode. What a series.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Great episode.

Long live Walter White!
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

The last few years have spoiled us for TV quality, but every now and again we get a real lemon and currently that is Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom; what a shambles! After producing one of TV's finest ever series with the West Wing, Sorkin has inexplicably produced a talk-fest of unparalleled boredom.

Season one wasn't bad even though I kept hoping the female lead would fall under a train (whoops, sorry mods), but the second series degenerated into serial love interests. I mean, how many relationships can one newsroom handle?

What a shame, it had potential.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:I can't believe it's all over, but all good things need to come an end.

What a brilliant series finale on Breaking Bad. One of the greatest TV shows I've ever seen along with The Sopranos. I don't think we'll see a show as good as that for a long time. I feel like re-watching it from the pilot again and analysing the themes more deeply again.
I bought the DVDs, it's one show I could certainly watch all of again. Truly magnificent.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Neil Appleby wrote:The last few years have spoiled us for TV quality, but every now and again we get a real lemon and currently that is Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom; what a shambles! After producing one of TV's finest ever series with the West Wing, Sorkin has inexplicably produced a talk-fest of unparalleled boredom.

Season one wasn't bad even though I kept hoping the female lead would fall under a train (whoops, sorry mods), but the second series degenerated into serial love interests. I mean, how many relationships can one newsroom handle?

What a shame, it had potential.
Cheers for that. I watched season 1 and thought it was ok. Have banked up season 2 to watch all at once. Don't think I'll bother now.

Yep - such a shame. How good was The West Wing?
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Jezza
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:I can't believe it's all over, but all good things need to come an end.

I bought the DVDs, it's one show I could certainly watch all of again. Truly magnificent.
After I finish my uni exams at the end of October, I'm going to re-watch all the episodes again.

You can't get sick of this show.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Joel

Post by Joel »

Breaking Bad. What a great show.

A friend of mine commented that the last episode was a let down. I certainly didn't feel that way. It wrapped up everything nicely IMO.

Post by 3.14159 »

Watched the last episode of Vikings last night (ep 12 series 1).

After his triumph over the mysterious Anglish and the tonnes of plunder brought back Ragnar Hairybreek's king asks him to go east to sort a troublesome Earl.
The Earl want's to talk, Ragnar's brother Rollo wants to fight even though they are seriously out-numbered and don't have orders to attack, only to intimidate and evaluate the opposition.
Ragnar sends Loki (his master ship builder) back to Gottland for instructions and then goes hunting.
He meets the Earl's sister, as she showers under a small water-fall (that scene seems last about 5 minutes).
Meanwhile, Rollo is left alone with the Earl who plays on his doubts and asks him to switch sides.
Ragnar gets it on with whats-her name but his dreams are laden with visions of raverns feasting on his village.
Loki comes back with instructions that "the Earl must back down and bugger off".
"Or what?" says the Earl.
"He didn't say or" grins Loki.
The boys start to pack up and in quiet moment the Earl again repeats his offer to the laconic Rollo.
"Yes, I will fight my brother".

I can not wait for series 2.