Manton splits

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Manton splits

Post by Damien »

The Herald Sun reports this morning that Glen Manton has played his last game as a Carlton player.

Let me start by saying that I'm not a Glen Manton fan, by default because he plays for Carlton and because he acts like a dickhead on the footy show.

But he is a tall player who can play a key position in the backline. He's 26 and probably has at least 4 good years left in him.

This is a real dilemma. Lets hear it gang.......should we pursue him or stick with O'Bree?

------------------
Damien
foxy

Post by foxy »

it's a toughie. i'd probably stick with o'bree. but manton would be a good quick fix solution for our backline. and as for his performances on the footy show, i reckon he's the smartest bloke on that show. he's definently more intelligent than most footballers.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

I agree, stick with O'Bree...God I hate Manton.
crud

Post by crud »

Manton can stay at Carlton
ZED

Post by ZED »

Obree is a ten year player Manton has a few years left. It would be nice to have both.
Broadie

Post by Broadie »

Are you guys nuts?

O'Bree is simply another mid-fielder - a group which we have in over-abundance, particularly "young, promising" ones.

Manton is exactly what we need: an expereinced key position backman, who has 5- 7 years left in him.

I don't know which Footy SHow some of you are referring to, but the Thursday 9.30pm AFL one has shown Manton to be one of the most astute football brains, with a quirky sense of humour. And he seems to be the only current player that Newman respects / fears on the panel.

The ONLY question is do we also have the #3 pick in the pre-season. If we do, then Manton is a must. I would take him at #1 ahead of O'Bree anyway.
foxy

Post by foxy »

completely off the topic i know, but i really love the way richmond is handling things right now. first they get that super coach in frawley, and now according to that article in the age by that stupid caroline wilson he's 'ringing the changes' and he's got doug hawkins as a skills coach. phew! what a pickup! rattle the cans richmond, it's time for a merger. i couldn't stop laughing as i was reading that article this morning. what a load of turd.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

It would be fantastic if we can have both Manton and O'bree. I like the look of Manton as one of our backmen.
I have it on good authority that someting big is going to happen in our recruiting. Apparently it will take everybody by suprise. Unfortunately my source does not know who he is - but the coaching panel certainly does !
Watch this space................

Collingwood Forever !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
foxy

Post by foxy »

clemo you got me all excited man. how about a hint? feels like christmas has come early. wow.
Mr_Plow

Post by Mr_Plow »

ooooo a big recruit hey maybe its Jason Wilds younger brother Image

Our big recruit will be Josh Fraser on Sunday Everyone here has known that for the last two months.

And it looks like we only have the first pick in December and we've commited to Shane O'Bree.
George M

Post by George M »

Manton is player who should not be considered for even one second. Yes, he played key position for carlton ,but he got absolutely thrashed by his opponent every week. Seeing him try to play on Carey was farcical. He is only 185cm so he is not a viable key position option.

He is also a poor kick and not a very clever player. On top of that he is demanding high wages. He can forget it!

O'Bree is six years younger, a very clever footballer with his best in front of him. There is no contest in choosing between these two.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Guys - it's not Fraser and it's not O'bree. It is a real smokey. That's all I can say....er know !

Note: My source is from the Pie fraternity. Unfortunately I can not says who it is.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
foxy

Post by foxy »

wow is it spider burton? wouldn't that be fantastic. kidding.