An invitation from the sydney magpies supporter group

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

joffa_the_man_in_gold

An invitation from the sydney magpies supporter group

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

The sydney collingwood supporters club have invited the cheersquad and magpie army to a function in croydon park, i urge for as many of us to get there as i believe we should mingle with our own supporters whilst interstate, they are looking forward to it and are quite excited in having the cheersquad with them
Stay tuned for further details
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
DidakinthePocket

Post by DidakinthePocket »

Hey Everyone,

Firstly, thanks joffa for helping us out with this, you have, as always been an absolute Champion. Ok, without any further ado, heres the details!

The Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club have secured the use of our home nest, the Western Suburbs Australian Rules Club at Croydon Park for our first official Pre Match function.

The Big Screen will be showing highlights of Season 2003 so far, and will also show the Channel Ten Match of the afternoon.

Entry to the function is free, however the SCSC does request a gold coin dontation for passage to Telstra Stadium aboard the official SCSC supporters bus. The first shuttle will depart Croydon Park at approx 4:15, and the final shuttle will leave at 6:15 sharp.

As per usual, the bar will be open from midday, as will the bistro. We have requested a special guest from Collingwood to attend our function and we are just waiting word from the nest at Vic Park.

Drinks are at NSW club prices, and draught beer is quite cheap compared to Victoria. The club also has Keno, Pokies, TAB (to get your footy tips on), and the SCSC will be selling tickets (still!!!) in our draw to win Paul Licurias autographed framed gernsey. This gernsey will also be drawn at the function.

As is always the case in Sydney, everyone is more then welcome to attend, and we look forward to a memorable afternoon before we depart to the match.

At the conclusion of the game, there will be shuttle busses back to the club.

Once again, we look forward to seeing everyone at WSAFC on the 23rd of August from 12 midday!

The address is 40 Hampton Street, Croydon Park.

If you happen to get lost, please do not hesitate to contact myself on 0401 245 727.

Cheers and Up the Pies!
ASCSA - Alice Springs Collingwood Supporters association - President and sole member
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

Well that was a sensational reply and keep us up to date, if anyone has any questions please feel free to post.

Mick and Rod will the shuttle bus be able to pick up those from our illustrious hotel in enfield to attend this gala function?
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
magpiefanatic

Re Shuttle Bus

Post by magpiefanatic »

I take it you do not have your own Bus?

If that is the case I do not have a problem in picking yas up at your hotel/motel....just gimme an address. Ill post you my mobile number in a PM (thats a private message not a Pink Magpie...LOL) just call when you need to be picked up.

The first bus will leave the SCSC gig at 4.15pm bound for glory at Homebush, so I guess that's the bus you need to be sure of being at the Brewery by 5pm. We hope to have a boom box on board pumping out the team song and other assorted Magpie Army CD numbers.

The price of beer at Wests is $2.90 a schooner which is equivelent to one and half pots.

Steaks etc $9. however I am trying to organise that they put on similar food to the cricketers.

Hope this appeases everyone, and that you have a good time in Sydney.

In addition, all our promos regarding ticketing have been to get everyone seated in the bays surrounding the cheersquad. So the whole southern end should be chocka full of Collingwood Supporters. The cheersquad just multiplied by heapppppssss.

Remember we are ALL Collingwood supporters no matter where we live. So stick together like FAMILY and look after each other. Let's show these rugby league converts what a REAL football club is all about and whether we win lose or draw, we are proud and forever mighty.

(If I actually had a choice I would choose to live in Melbourne, but it just cannot be at the moment)

Cheers

Rod