Cheer Squad Chants.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

CAAS wrote:When are you people going to learn that the people in the cheer squad are there to start chants but to also watch the game.
Unlike soccor where your lucky if a goal gets scored, best way to stop the boredom is to sing all game. Same for cricket, can get pretty boring at times.
if people join the CHEER SQUAD they should expect to miss a lot of the game because that is what CHEER SQUADS are supposed to do, CHEER AND CHANT

and as for soccer i would like to know have you ever been to a game of soccer in england or anywhere overseas because you would realise it is not boring and that the reason they sing and chant is because they are PASSIONATE for there clubs and they support all game unlike the part-time aussie supporters
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

You join the cheer squad to SUPPORT your team. Chanting is only a small part of you job.
RitchieColeRocks

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

has anyone noticed much of the soccer and that chants are just horrid chants to insult people.
chants shouldn't be insults, but words of inspiration.
well ithink
"Carn the Pies"
geordie_matt

Re: ...

Post by geordie_matt »

RitchieColeRocks wrote:has anyone noticed much of the soccer and that chants are just horrid chants to insult people.
chants shouldn't be insults, but words of inspiration.
well ithink
so you think that most soccer songs are horrid and isulting,well you should read and listen to some because that is not the case and as i know all the songs we sing for newcastle i know that most are not insulting or horrid

but even if they are it is because you are supporting your team not theres and anyway you can intimidate or put the other team off there game the better
pixii

Post by pixii »

Coming from a supporter from the stands or simply watching on TV, the red flag chant sounds absolutely incredible, and not a lot of other team's cheersquads can pull it off as well as you guys in the collingwood cheersquad.

So if you are all in disagreeance about the quality of the current chants at least keep going with the red flag chant. I know i'm not in the cheersquad but it really sends shivers up my spine when i hear it, and it's a chant where everyone can join in. But that's just my humble opinion!

-EDDIE FOR P.M-
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

pixii wrote: the red flag chant sounds absolutely incredible-
how does that chant go?
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

Georie Mat.

FYI, I have attended a game, at Highbury. It was last year, Arsenal v Celtic. Tony Adams testimonial game. It was a good experience.
I found that they would sing all game and stop if something exciting was about to happen.
Transfer that to AFL and the only time you'll be singing is once a goal is scored or the ball goes out of bounds. For the tunes you want to sing, nobody would see the game.
As for the cheer squad, they are there to chant, agreed. But they are also there to enjoy the game. They chant enough, if you disagree, join the cheer squad, seek out those at the head of the group and put your ideas forward, become a committee person.
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
pixii

Post by pixii »

geordie matt.....i think its called the red flag chant..maybe i'm wrong..but i meant the long COOOLLLLIINGGGWOOOOD chant.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Pixii.... in its inception it was the red flag chant...then it became the gold flag chant... now everyone knows it and its just Collingwood.....hehe and also in reply to your previous post... Only Geordy Matt is in agreeance with himself about the quality of the chants.... I think he just likes the looks of his own typing.... cos he keeps on hammering away at it....

The chants are fine the c/squad is doing great with them... and this is for you Geordie Matt.... if you come in here just to unnecessarily bag the c/squad think again... I suggest you just go play with yourself somewhere else.. or come down to the c/squad area and let yourself be known....

I
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

cobood wrote: Only Geordy Matt is in agreeance with himself about the quality of the chants.... I think he just likes the looks of his own typing.... cos he keeps on hammering away at it....

The chants are fine the c/squad is doing great with them... and this is for you Geordie Matt.... if you come in here just to unnecessarily bag the c/squad think again... I suggest you just go play with yourself somewhere else.. or come down to the c/squad area and let yourself be known....
oh very childish,you want me to go play with myself somewhere else

if you think i am just in here to bag the c/s then why would i give ideas to make the chants better instead of having the shit ,LETS GO MAGPIES LETS GO and BLACK WHITE BLACK AND WHITE (they really are shit)

and as for saying why don't i come down to the c/s well i used to be in it for about 5 years during the ninties and i am thinking about joining again and i am not the only person who thinks that most of the chants are shit and thats why a few of us will join next season to help inject some new ideas
foxy

Post by foxy »

Matt, be constructive, not destructive. ok - so you think the current CS chants are crap. you've made your point, loud and clear. how about just giving us some ideas now, instead of abuse?
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

You can't expect an aussie crowd to chant like english soccer crowds, it's a cultural thing...poms LOVE a sing song, aussies don't and its been probably 'organised' in the UK for a hell of a lot longer than it has been in Oz (though I may stand to be corrected on that, empirical evidence would suggest otherwise). That's not to say that singing etc will not one dy in the future be 'traditional', but to complain chanting is 'not up to UK standards' is a bit like complaining that chalk is not cheese.

I also reckon that crowd segregation helps it too...and if that every came into AFL, it'd be a rather sad day.
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

foxy wrote:Matt, be constructive, not destructive. ok - so you think the current CS chants are crap. you've made your point, loud and clear. how about just giving us some ideas now, instead of abuse?
as i have said before i am not trying to be rude or upset anyone or be destructive i am just trying to give some ideas and i had COBOOD have a go at me for daring to say something negative about the c/s
Last edited by geordie_matt on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Oh poor sweety ..... naughty bad cobood had a go at you did she......

Well maybe if you thought about what you persist in writing .... maybe just maybe she wouldn't have..... but then again she is such a bad person that she prolly would have anyway.....

AND I CAN SHOUT TOO GEORDY MATT!!!!! :twisted:
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

You are so nasty Cobood................imagine having a go at someone for NO reason....crikey, it's good thing I'm not posting drivel here, otherwise you'd have a go at me, and I know I don't want that....moderators, do something about this, this is victimisation!!!!