More Dale Thomas News....

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

themonk wrote:Channel 9 news just reported that Thomas is ready to resume full training.

They showed him going through some drills and he moved well.

This guy can potentially become Collingwood's most hated player, or is that just me?
Nah, we don't hate you!
themonk

Post by themonk »

jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:Channel 9 news just reported that Thomas is ready to resume full training.

They showed him going through some drills and he moved well.

This guy can potentially become Collingwood's most hated player, or is that just me?
Nah, we don't hate you!
:lol:

Unfortunately representing my high school was the best I could manage.

It was a CHF though
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Scum Try and Shove it in our Face Everytime they can :evil:
I am Da Man
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

He also looked good at training prior to coming back at Collingwood last year and under the stress and pressures of an actual game, he wilted.

Wait to real time action to gauge....
COLLINGW09D
Carro

Post by Carro »

It's all good the flog will go surfing again soon enough and twist his ankle.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Contrary to popular belief, bitter vindictiveness is not an entirely healthy trait.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Looking good at training is one thing, surviving the rigors of a the real thing is a whole different story as we witnessed in respect to Thomas last year,
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

David wrote:Contrary to popular belief, bitter vindictiveness is not an entirely healthy trait.
I doubt few are truly vindictive.

Some wish him luck, others are indifferent and a few wish him some benign evil.

From my perspective, whist I wish him well personally, I do want to wish Dale or his quasi father figure MM any success at the SCUM.

Be careful taking the moral high ground on such a regular opportunistic basis. They have been know to form sink holes.
The Pretender

Post by The Pretender »

David wrote:Contrary to popular belief, bitter vindictiveness is not an entirely healthy trait.

Who said it had to be entirely healthy?
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

And it sure is fun,

And keeping stuff inside is bad for your health,gotta let itout :wink:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

Pants wrote:Happy New Year fellow Magpies.
This is from the Carlton board, Micky`s lil pet is struggling.
In Melb for a bit so had a quick look this morning...first time in years. Pretty low key sesion over an hour and fifteen minutes or so. Plenty dropping in and out of main group so hard to say who is training without restriction. Few random observations...AW just looks to be playing his own game on the track, does everything at 110%. Judd moving well and looks up and about, Bootsma moving with plenty of purpose and covering ground well. Hendo and Army grinding out 400's, Thomas and Scotland running slow laps and looking pretty knackered...I am hoping I had just missed them doing a fitness test or something as they were sucking them in bigtime. Daisy not moving well it must be said.
Suck it up Scum, you deserve each other

GO PIES
Ultimately if Daisy still had ankle issues, I doubt they would have him running laps. He'd be struggling this pre-season given his lack of conditioning.

I think he'll battle a bit in 2014 until he gets match fitness back. The fact he is running laps must mean the ankle is ok.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The Pretender wrote:

Who said it had to be entirely healthy?
I'm extremely happy to state that I hate all Collingwood players who leave the club to play for the scum. YES, that includes, McKenna, McGuane, Cameron Cloke, Trent Hotton, Heath Scotland, and now traitor Thomas. To each their own but as I absolutely loath the scum, I cant stand these bastards....... :evil: :x :x
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

DaVe86 wrote:
Pants wrote:Happy New Year fellow Magpies.
This is from the Carlton board, Micky`s lil pet is struggling.
In Melb for a bit so had a quick look this morning...first time in years. Pretty low key sesion over an hour and fifteen minutes or so. Plenty dropping in and out of main group so hard to say who is training without restriction. Few random observations...AW just looks to be playing his own game on the track, does everything at 110%. Judd moving well and looks up and about, Bootsma moving with plenty of purpose and covering ground well. Hendo and Army grinding out 400's, Thomas and Scotland running slow laps and looking pretty knackered...I am hoping I had just missed them doing a fitness test or something as they were sucking them in bigtime. Daisy not moving well it must be said.
Suck it up Scum, you deserve each other

GO PIES
Ultimately if Daisy still had ankle issues, I doubt they would have him running laps. He'd be struggling this pre-season given his lack of conditioning.

I think he'll battle a bit in 2014 until he gets match fitness back. The fact he is running laps must mean the ankle is ok.
He could run laps for us towards the end of his recuperation period. What his ankle could not sustain is the demands of a competitive game of football. The jury is still out imo.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

Yeah I agree with that. I like most actually have to fess up that I wouldn't mind hearing his ankle is stuffed. I'm kind of hoping it to be the case.

I'm more referring to a previous post which indicated Daisy looked buggered on the training track and wasn't moving well.

I don't take this to indicate that his ankle has flared up again. I just take this to mean he isn't well conditioned or fit at the moment. If his ankle was buggered, I doubt they would have him running laps which could only aggrevate it more.

As you say, the only true test will be whether he holds together in match conditions.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

There's a horrendous photo on p.41 of The Age today. I spat my cornflakes.