The Hydra ~ Caro rears her head again

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Joe

Post by Joe »

magpie JOE wrote:What about the idea of Nathan Burke being delisted before he tops Lowies record.That is crap.Dougie got more games than Teddy but he is no Teddy Whitten.
If a guy plays more games than another it doesnt mean that he is a greater legend than that one.
She is deliberately contentious,she thinks she knows it all,pull your head in sweety.
Yes I was having a shot at her.
As stated though it may or may not be sexist.
Joe

Post by Joe »

the_weed wrote:
magpie JOE wrote:Yes it can be a fine line,only the person making the comment really knows.Others are assuming in this case.
That's the problem unfortunately. Those who read your post can only go on what they read - you can't be upset that they haven't interpreted your post in exactly the way you meant it. That's why I said I thought your comment was sexist (not you personally).

There was a thread on the Williams Sisters a week ago. A few people were making some comments that were astonishingly racist, but when a non-white member of the list tried to say why he found their comments offensive, they all said the same thing - I didn't mean it that way; I was just being funny; if you're offended it must be you that has the problem. To me this is a very similar kind of argument.

It all boils down to treating other people with respect, even if you don't respect their views. I don't see why that should be so controversial.
I am all for respecting people.
Now with respect you are making sense to me.
The comment could be seen as sexist,but the person making it may not be. that is what I have been trying to say all along,but I failed to do so.
I see your point,I started that williams thread and i thought those comments were rough.I dont have any problems with your Ideas weed,i have never abused anyone on here or hopefully upset anyone on here deliberately.This would never be my intention.I think though,including myself we are all too sensitive.Ideally it would be great if we never took offence.Sadly because of our hangups and insecurities this will never be the case.Thick skin is great quality.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

By the way, Magpie Joe, I've enjoyed this too. There is always room for vigorous discussion! As long as it doen't get down to personal invective that's fine.

And Northern Pie, you're right about Bruce and McLeod on "Stalking Footy" ... wow was that embarrassing or what?
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Joe

Post by Joe »

the_weed wrote:By the way, Magpie Joe, I've enjoyed this too. There is always room for vigorous discussion! As long as it doen't get down to personal invective that's fine.

And Northern Pie, you're right about Bruce and McLeod on "Stalking Footy" ... wow was that embarrassing or what?
Was that invective or injection.lmao rofl
Are you encouraging Nicks users to use a dictionary mate.
I think that the way this is structured simpler language would be more appropriate.
If not your signature should read"Dont forget before reading my posts have a dictionary handy."lmao
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hey weed have you complained to Nick about having a section called chicks channel,as this could be seen as sexist because of its labelling.Also the fact that there is no blokes only channel.lmao
Fair point though.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

okay I get it now.......lol guys.....hahahahhaha best jokes I have heard in ages......just trying to figure out when the punchline is due....

Cheers Guys..... and remember like this useless post this little tit for tat stuff is wasting precious bandwidth...

Cheers
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Joe, I'm sure if you ask Nick's nicely you can have a bloke's channel of your very own...

I think Northern Pie is right. Time for bed.

cheerio, weed
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Donny »

Yeah. Goodnight, weed.

Goodnight, JOE.

Goodnight, Mike.

Goodnight, MM.

Goodnight, NP.

Goodnight, Pa.

Goodnight, Johnboy.

Goodnight, Ma.

Goodnight, Mary Jane.

Goodbye, Uncle Jed.

Oh, and goodnight, Aunty Caro.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Tessa, why not tell her in person as 'she' is the guest speaker at todays Presidents Lunch at Williamstown.

I'm sure there will be plenty of others giving her a piece of their mind, so maybe you could lead the charge.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
JLC

Post by JLC »

Come out of the closet Caroline and declare yourself a Collingwood supporter in denial. Clearly you are frustrated by Richmond and very jealous of Collingwood and where we are heading.

Maybe she should write an article about the Richmond leaks that have been going on or the way Richmond paid David Bourke $300k a year.

Please Caroline your obsession and jealousy of Collingwood is unhealthy and must stop now.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

It is difficult to lose credibility when you don't have any, but somehow she has managed!!
But to act so stupidly?
Put it this way if you were a political reporter and so upset one side of the political sphere that they just would ignore you or if you were a salesperson with only time for one client and told the rest to get stuffed, you wouldn't last long.
The age is by and large a quality paper with good sports team,but for how long can the put up with a vindictive narrow minded reporter like her?
Sooner she sulks of back to the tigers den and do some real good instead of making a bigger fool of herself the better.

However in the interests of fair play i will a special dedication for Caroline tonight on 3nrg 8-10pm 99.3 fm.
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

I actually thought it was a fantastic read infact im a bit of a carro fan and im a little lost to understand your attack on her tess..it didnt come across to me as a collingwood bashing article.
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

Me thinks tess a bex powder and a cuppa is in order for you.
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Bones

Post by Bones »

Caro is one ugly hairy backed sheila...

Talking out her backside once again.
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

how stupid.

if everyone get's AFL, that is, understands it, why aren't we all top line coaches? If Caroliine Wilson could think like a normal supporter, and understand a bit of the game, she might not be so wound up over the politics, or assumed politics, of it all!

And that goes for Sheehan too. Bucks has been benched and has not won the copeland - not related incidents, Bucks hasn't won the copeland because others are playing well and people expect more the Bucks than they do of our other players.

and benching Bucks, I bet he hits the pine no more than 15 minutes for the finals, all of them, cause you rest your great players in the games leading up to, not during the finals. And I would've benched bucks last week too, he was being beaten. But he had a rest, had a talk, and won the second half convincingly!

Obviously, MM knows how to treat Buckely so he plays well. Wow, how surprising! Obviously, Caroline and Sheahan do not. Again, what a surprise!

My Mother could coach a team better than Caroline Wilson, and she still thinks Kernahan will win the Coleman this year!! If you want to be a journo, that's fine, but try to understand a bit of what's going on before you commentate on it.

From your article and comments from Mike Shehan, it's obvious that you DO NOT get it, and as such, MM was quite correct, if not politically correct, in telling the world what we all know: Mike Shehan (and now Caroline Wilson) are not astute journo's! And the reson isn't their composition or story selection, it's that thay do no understand what goes on in football. They DO NOT GET IT.

- Ben