Banner for Collingwood versus Freo in London

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

annewilo

Banner for Collingwood versus Freo in London

Post by annewilo »

As a former Vice President of the Cheer Squad and a few years practice of making the run thru, anyone got any brilliant ideas of how we can make a banner for the London game, without letter stencils, poles and no black and white crepe paper available in the UK to suit. We would so like to do a runthru but can't think how to get around this!!
Anyone got any ideas?
The Knights of Abbotsford
RitchieColeRocks

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

can't u just have the necisary stuff shipped over from aus?
I'm sure the club will be happy to do it... wouldn't they?
It wouldn't be doing the afl justice without a run through, it's part of the excitement of the game... and the originality...
"Carn the Pies"
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

they should send the c/s over as well ;)
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

yeah why cant one of our sponsors like renault or emirates fly the cheer squad over
chicky_babe_29

Post by chicky_babe_29 »

Good luck trying to make that happen. I want to go over for that match but i can't afford it. It would be nice of some one to let us know if a game like this is going to be played and then we can save the money. It will proberbly be on fx footy anyway GO PIES
chicky_babe_29

Post by chicky_babe_29 »

i dont know what will happen with the banner for match anyone got any ideas ??
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

I have now contacted the club to see what they want to do about this and will let you know what their response is. It would be great if we could hold something up on the day, and it is impossible for us to source the materials necessary to make a professional looking banner to be proud of.
Thanks for all your comments.
Dan 3:16

Post by Dan 3:16 »

Ask the club to ship the material over
We are black
We are white
We are bloody DYNAMITE

GO PIES
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

And who over there would have experience in holding up a Magpie Banner like is put up everyweek?
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

see that's why they should send some of the c/s over or infact all the c/s over ;)
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Yep sounds good! Lets Hijack a plane and do runners on the fuel all the way to London! :lol:
Peter

When are they playing??

Post by Peter »

When are the boys playing in London?? I'm going to London for my honeymoon (haha).
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

The boys will be playing at the Oval on Saturday 11th of October but will be here for functions etc from around 9th Oct. Hope your honeymoon is on then, or perhaps you may need to change the wedding date?...lol
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

'And who over there would have experience in holding up a Magpie Banner like is put up everyweek?'

Does this comment perhaps relate to another ongoing thread at the moment on bandwagonners?

As I mentioned, I used to be the vp of the cheer squad, so I sorta have an idea how to cut out letters, line up crepe pcs with an overlap b4 sticking, tape them together, attach this to the poles, in our unique collingwood way, cutting vents to allow certain wind velocity to travel, make sure the poles are taken up gradually with three to fours ropes at both end, to have taller, thicker ppl closer to the pole to support the weight and the force, have a leader to call it up etc etc........and not to knock the players out by bringing it down the wrong way. Oh and the most important thing is to use a thinner and less tape on the bottom, so as to not break the legs of any of the boys on the way through.. I can assure you, we also have 50 members here, mostly Collingwood ppl, who would be well trained and versed in practise, b4 we attempted to take it up on the day.

And if all of the above fails, we will do a tiny winy banner, like the one we made for our c/s team against Essendon at windy in the nineties, where my son Anthony kicked ass and took the mark of the game!!
So thanks for your concern but hopefully we can only try...but if this all fails then we will have to ask the club to fly in frankie to run it all....lol