Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Wow one average game amongst a sea of them on Friday night and people start questioning his recruitment or ability in threads across this forum.

My only concern over Adams at this stage is that he joins a long list of sub six foot midfield options that include Thomas, Dwyer, Sidebottom, Blair, Martin, Fasolo, Kennedy, Elliott and Williams.

With all those midgets (in football terms anyway) you feel we have an inbalance on our list at present and is why not having any of Scharenberg, Freeman, Seedsman and Karnezis currently available is even more of a concern as we really need to develop some taller and stronger midfield options in order to compete in the modern game of football.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

agreed dave-
would love a centre square of adams beams ball swan and pendles,yet one has to give.

I would argue playing beams and swan on a wing- with adams ball and pendles in the square is the best combination- if all 5 are to play.

beams and swan being the better outside players(i know they are also excellent inside as well)
edit-
young and harry off half back
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I think strength and ability to work through traffic are what makes midfielders great. e.g. Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ablett, Mitchell, Hodge
Hence I feel our best starting on-ball is Swan, Ball and Pendles. Beams is class at stoppages around the ground but may not be best suited to the center clearance battles.

Adams and Blair are Ball's potential replacements. I fear Ball is nearing the end with pace and kicking becoming a weakness in his game but still good enough to be in our best 18.

Kennedy, Broomhead, Freeman, Sharenberg and Martin are the future so hopefully we will get to see some development in them this year.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Boot wrote:I think strength and ability to work through traffic are what makes midfielders great. e.g. Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ablett, Mitchell, Hodge
Hence I feel our best starting on-ball is Swan, Ball and Pendles. Beams is class at stoppages around the ground but may not be best suited to the center clearance battles.

Adams and Blair are Ball's potential replacements. I fear Ball is nearing the end with pace and kicking becoming a weakness in his game but still good enough to be in our best 18.

Kennedy, Broomhead, Freeman, Sharenberg and Martin are the future so hopefully we will get to see some development in them this year.
Adam's can get thru Traffic Well
I am Da Man
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Dave The Man wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:i agree, if you are going to play Taylor Adams, then it needs to be on the ball. If he is the new Luke Ball, then so be it. Bye Bye Bally.
Well Bally had a shocker last night
Inaccurate by foot but still managed to get 105 SC points.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Dave The Man wrote:
gurugeoff wrote:i agree, if you are going to play Taylor Adams, then it needs to be on the ball. If he is the new Luke Ball, then so be it. Bye Bye Bally.
You think Bally had a shocker Dave? What did you think of Elliott's game by comparison?
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Neil Appleby wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
You think Bally had a shocker Dave? What did you think of Elliott's game by comparison?
Elliot was very quiet and did not have a Impact. Barley saw him. Saw Adams More
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Adams offered 1 week

Post by Dave The Man »

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2 ... th-selwood

I would fight that. I did not see any Head Contact.
I am Da Man
courtza

Post by courtza »

OMG you have got to be fu%kin joking. Ive seen bigger hits in my daughters under 7's netball.

He virtually pushed him front on, Selwood should be reported for being a gay cu%t
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

His carry over points (68 I think) counted against him, otherwise it would have been a reprimand. Probably not worth fighting though.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

courtza wrote:OMG you have got to be fu%kin joking. Ive seen bigger hits in my daughters under 7's netball.

He virtually pushed him front on, Selwood should be reported for being a gay cu%t
Duckwood showing what a Actor he is
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:His carry over points (68 I think) counted against him, otherwise it would have been a reprimand. Probably not worth fighting though.
It is worth fighting as there is nothing wrong he did except maybe being a Tad Late
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Shoulder appears to make head contact and Selwood slightly concussed all works against him.
woftam

Post by woftam »

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:His carry over points (68 I think) counted against him, otherwise it would have been a reprimand. Probably not worth fighting though.
It is worth fighting as there is nothing wrong he did except maybe being a Tad Late
No point fighting it Dave because it's doubtful he would win. Fyfe & Hunt have also copped bullshit deals on bumps from the MRP lately.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:Shoulder appears to make head contact and Selwood slightly concussed all works against him.
I don't Believe That
I am Da Man