Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Redlight

Post by Redlight »

He cops a week, harsh, but whatever.

However on the angles I've seen there is zero evidence of contact with the head.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Listen to them Kissing Duckwood's Ass:

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-04-07/ ... ound-three
I am Da Man
courtza

Post by courtza »

Just watched the Charged segment on Bigpond.

The Brisbane guy throwing the elbow, which should be more than 2 weeks is the only reportable offence, the rest are just embarrassing to the Australian male.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Not even a free kick, let alone a report. If you can get suspended for that, you might as well go off and be a soccer-sook, where at least the acting is better.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

Just saw it on footy classified. It has got me absolutely stumped how they can continually ping guys for head high contact when the video is totally inconclusive. I've watched this one about 4 times, from a couple of angles ... I just can't see anything in it. Matty Lloyd and Gary Lyon were of the same opinion.

Having said that the Suns guy that got done (May??) ... now that is a shocking decision.

No doubt... this game we love is going down the toilet. The AwFL are screwing everything up.
Side By Side Forever
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

GoWoodsmen wrote:Just saw it on footy classified. It has got me absolutely stumped how they can continually ping guys for head high contact when the video is totally inconclusive. I've watched this one about 4 times, from a couple of angles ... I just can't see anything in it. Matty Lloyd and Gary Lyon were of the same opinion.

Having said that the Suns guy that got done (May??) ... now that is a shocking decision.

No doubt... this game we love is going down the toilet. The AwFL are screwing everything up.
Agree the AFL are Run by complete and utter Idiots
I am Da Man
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

Take the week - it's only the tiggers - it won't be a walkover but it should be a win, provided we:

+ Concentrate and stay with your man at all times
+ Watch the ball and not fumble
+ Get numbers near the ball so the inside player can handball in any direction and know there is a teammate waiting (look at Selwood's handballs)
+ Get forward crumbers (Elliott, Fasolo, Blair and Sidey) around Cloke when the ball comes to the ground and get Cloke to mark when he can and when he can't then bring the ball to ground to the crumbers
+In defence have a man in front and a man behind (and one on each side if we can get the numbers there)[/list]

Do that, and it will be a cakewalk. Love a cakewalk. My favourite games are not close - my favourite games are when we win by 60 points minimum. Close games are for others - I like to destroy.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

1 week seems fair enough to me. It was contact that could easily have been avoided.

It's one thing to bemoan the lack of physicality from the safety of your armchair, it's another thing to have to live with the consequences of repeated concussions.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by stoliboy »

Video was inconclusive.

Adams stopping to protect himself. Duck runs in to him.
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

how does merett get 2 for an elbow to the head and some other guy gets 2 weeks for a head clash . The mrp are a joke
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Have to love Selwood, in his post match interview they asked him about it and he mentioned that it was 'just a hit to the chin' rather than brushing it off as a bit of 'tough football' or something. With that comment he pretty made ensured that Taylor would get SOMETHING from the MRP.

Blokes an absolute germ of a footballer, my respect for Taylor went through the roof after that bump, well worth the week.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

King Malta wrote:Have to love Selwood, in his post match interview they asked him about it and he mentioned that it was 'just a hit to the chin' rather than brushing it off as a bit of 'tough football' or something. With that comment he pretty made ensured that Taylor would get SOMETHING from the MRP.

Blokes an absolute germ of a footballer, my respect for Taylor went through the roof after that bump, well worth the week.
SO you think Adams is a Hack?
I am Da Man
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

Dave The Man wrote:
King Malta wrote:Have to love Selwood, in his post match interview they asked him about it and he mentioned that it was 'just a hit to the chin' rather than brushing it off as a bit of 'tough football' or something. With that comment he pretty made ensured that Taylor would get SOMETHING from the MRP.

SO you think Adams is a Hack?
I think you've completely misinterpreted my post mate.

I think it's worth Taylor copping the week because I consider Selwood to be a arrogant, staging germ of a footballer who I enjoyed seeing shirt fronted in that manner.

I actually have heaps of time for young Adams, I watched plenty of GWS games last year and had him up there with Treloar as one of the future stars of that team. He'll do well here.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

How many players have to be rubbed for hitting Duckwood until someone has the guts to say 'enough!'
That dirty little *$#^ AND his brothers were the reason the rule against ducking was brought in this year, yet they continue to lead the league in Frees for and neither has had a free for ducking paid against him. Then again in the second Quarter the Free kicks stood at 8-2 against us, as usual, they got two goals direct from those frees and several more from turnovers caused by free kicks.

Why doesn't someone at Collingwood stand up to the AFL and demand something resembling an even playing field?
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Adams was guilty of the offence under the current AFL rules. Adams intent was to stop Sellwood, had he not made contact to the head it would not have been reviewed.