President Eddie - Where's The Talls???

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr_Plow

President Eddie - Where's The Talls???

Post by Mr_Plow »

I watched Talking Footy last Monday, and I've gotta admit I was a bit disturbed by Eddie McGuire's lethargic attitude to Collingwoods poor recruiting. He rightly pointed out that our membership is well up, and that's great. But when asked about our terrible record with recruiting, he casualy dismissed it, and said something like "We'll be alright."

I don't know exactly what he bases that on, we had the worst talls in the comp last year and it seems they just gave up on recruiting them this year.

They really had to get at least 1 tall as part of the trading for that number 3 pick.

Just a little advice for the Collingwood recruiters, Lee Walker can only play in one position at a time. And he'll probably only be able to do that for about 3 or 4 games.

Mr. Plow Out
P.S. I love you Eddie