Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I'm of the opinion that guys like Frost, Dwyer and Martin were recruited solely to boost our VFL ranks. Not making the finals and having match fit players available was hurting the senior team. Fortunately for us, they've all proven more than capable of playing at the higher level. Unfortunately for Martin and to a lesser extent Dwyer, it's just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with many similar types competing for similar positions. He still may get a chance yet. Remember 2010 when Blair got his chance? I remember the following year when MM said that it was a close call between him and Luke Rounds for a call up with Luke, slightly ahead but for injuries, which cancelled him out. As we know, the rest is history. Anything can happen.
Why would we trade Heater for a VFL Player?
I am Da Man
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

C'mon, Dave, read the post again. Heater was playing with Frost, Dwyer and Martin last year so how could any of them possibly have been traded for him?

You're thinking of Adams and yes, that's who this thread should be about :wink:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Cuthbert Collingwood wrote:I heard he had a real stinker dtm, show pony just like grundy
You naughty boy!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:C'mon, Dave, read the post again. Heater was playing with Frost, Dwyer and Martin last year so how could any of them possibly have been traded for him?

Got Wrong end of the Stick Again
Last edited by Dave The Man on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Bloody Net
I am Da Man
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Use him or lose him
He wont be a rookie next year.
Either we promote him or some other team will get him.
Heard a rumour that Richmond were after him last year.
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Adams looks good but needs to stop trying to kick the leather off the pill...finds it beautifully but little bit more composure needed. This will come with experience.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

neil wrote:Use him or lose him
He wont be a rookie next year.
Either we promote him or some other team will get him.
Heard a rumour that Richmond were after him last year.
Is that Martin?
I am Da Man
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Dave The Man wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:C'mon, Dave, read the post again. Heater was playing with Frost, Dwyer and Martin last year so how could any of them possibly have been traded for him?

Got Wrong end of the Stick Again
Q?
Buon Giorno
the pie guy

Post by the pie guy »

Tannin wrote:
Flashman wrote:Compare Martins game to Caolan Mooney's game today to see what I mean and that's no knock on Mooney.

^ Well said. Natural football ability is hard to beat.

swoop42 wrote:Martin is a better version of Blair for starters. He'll only struggle with us because of our depth and we have a few similar players like Elliott.

Yep. And he's another midget. We have too many midgets already. But with Elliott moving more and more into the midfield, perhaps there is a possible spot opening up. It's going to be very, very tough to break into the senior 22 this year, specially when you look at some of the players going around in the twos, including Broomhead, Kennedy, Schernberg, Armstrong (I rate Armstrong higher than most here), Sinclair, Williams, Adams, Freeman, Karnezis, Dwyer, Oxley, and Martin .... there is probably one, at most two spots available for those 12, plus the odd temporary spot to cover injury. So Martin is no certainty to get a run this year. If he does, though, he won't let us down.

I dont know how you can say that there are only 1 or 2 spots available. There will always be spots available based on injuries and bad form in seniors and good form in reserves. Sinclair, Williams, Adams & Dwyer have already proven themselves, most would also agree that if Martin & Karnezis keep playing well they will also be in line for a call up, as well as most of the others you mentioned, except for Armstrong (who I don't rate at all). You also forgot Reid & Brown and I am sure that when Freeman and Scharenberg are available they will also be given an opportunity.

IMHO there are probably 8 or 10 players that are safe in seniors, all others are in a fight for positions. and that's the way it should be.
A mark of a good side is how deep it bats and right now we now bat very deep.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

TurkishPie wrote:Martin's kicking for goal in windy conditions were terrific today. Even outside 50m on an angle he was slotting them.
That's exactly right.

Part of his football ability is he that knows how & where to position himself & more particularly knowing how to kick a goal - not always a Collingwood trait - even for those with foootball ability.

Blair is hardened & has a tank. I'm not sure Martin has one yet.

I'd love to see play him this week if there are injuries as he has had some games now in the VFL compared to the AFL listed players who are just returning.

If Young is injured or booked Marley might come into consideration given his speed, hardness & penetration although that would might risks in terms of being underdone.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Dave The Man

Adams should stop Trying too Hard

Post by Dave The Man »

The reason I think his Kicking is not been Fantastic is that he trying way to hard to make a Impression on Collingwood.

So If he can go back to playing like he was in GWS, I reckon he can easily become a Best 22 Player in the next 2 Seasons.

Most of our Recruits come good in there 2nd Season. Like L Brown and Medhurst.

Who else Agrees
I am Da Man
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

We also have to cut him some slack people....what is he 21? geez, L.Brown was 27 or 28 by the time he got to Collingwood....and Medhurst had played 100 games for Freo. They were not kids.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Rubbish, Medhurst was the difference in this first game in 2007 , he brought us good luck on 100th game not that Shannon Grant's miskick had anything to do with it!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

^Benny J on the run from 50..............!!!!!!!
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."