Joffa's Sydney speech...

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

foxy

Joffa's Sydney speech...

Post by foxy »

as delivered on Saturday at the Sydney Collingwood Supporter's function.

Good afternoon, my beautiful Collingwood brothers and sisters.

You know my friends, before a lot of our games in Melbourne, I get up and I rant and rave about Collingwood being the biggest ticket in town. And we are. Thanks to Eddie, thanks to Mick, and thanks to our brilliant list of black and white heroes, there is NO DOUBT about it – Collingwood is the powerhouse club in the comp.

But PEOPLE! It might surprise some of you to know that sometimes, I do a little bit of thinking. I think to myself, maybe there’s a few UNSUNG heroes who don’t get enough thanks for what they do to promote our proud club. A few brave souls who, against adversity, against all geographical odds, manage to spread the magpie message in enemy territory.

YOU KNOW VERY WELL who I’m talking about. I’m talking about YOU, my friends. All you long-suffering Sydney-siders. Some of you haven’t had a chance to see the boys in the flesh since 2000. Some of you have gone THREE LONG YEARS without seeing live Magpie action. Just quietly, I would probably DIE if I went THREE YEARS without my beloved Pies.

BUT NOT ONLY are you people patient - you’re also very, very dedicated.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m sucking up a bit – I’m really tryin my best to score a few free beers.

BUT SERIOUSLY, you people spend your lives trying to maintain the Magpie rage in a state that knows nothing about true footy passion. In a state still bereft of any decent footy coverage. In a state dominated by the AFL-funded Swanettes.

AND MOST OF ALL my friends, your struggle ensures ONE THING: that Collingwood is not just the biggest ticket in Melbourne. That Collingwood is not just the biggest ticket in Victoria. You prove to the world what we’ve known ALL ALONG: that Collingwood is the greatest, most famous sporting club in this whole goddam COUNTRY.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, people. Tonight’s game isn’t the biggest ever seen in this state because of SYDNEY. 70,000 people ain’t gonna pack this joint tonight to see SYDNEY. 70,000 people are here for one reason – THE BLACK AND WHITE JUGGERNAUT HAS HIT TOWN, and EVERYONE wants to see what the FUSS IS ALL ABOUT.

FINALLY, my New South Wales comrades, let me ASSURE YOU, on behalf of all the Victorian faithful, that tonight you’re gonna see a FARKIN GOOD Collingwood side secure a TOP FOUR spot. YES MY FRIENDS, this side can PLAY. This side is not fazed by interstate games.

Why, you ask? WHY DO YOU THINK? What have I JUST BEEN SAYING? Our boys come to Sydney SAFE IN THE KNOWLEDGE that the Magpie Army will be here to cheer them towards victory.

SO, what BETTER WAY to show that we are all TRUE MAGPIE ALLIES than by singing our beautiful Collingwood song AS ONE. GET ON YOUR FEET, my friends. Let’s show this town just what MAGPIE PASSION really is.

PEOPLE! BROTHERS AND SISTERS! AFTER TONIGHT, POOR OLD BLOODY HOMEBUSH WON’T KNOW WHAT’S HIT IT!
magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

That was a BLOODY good speech good onya Foxy your a sensational writer mate that speech would pump anyone up! CARN THE PIES!!!!
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

audio or video of the speech?

Post by stoliboy »

I misssed the speech and am thankful someone has posted it to the list...

Did anybody record the speech on audio or video? I would like to hear the passion!

stoliboy
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m

Post by TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m »

i just wanna say Joffa n Foxy without u the speeches throughout the year would be nuthin!

Foxy with ur talent of writing such fantastic pieces that fill every pies fans heart wth hope its just amazing...

And Joffa with ur passion and feriocity makes the speeches come alive!

Well done for a great season of passionate pieces and i cant wait to hear the final speeches which will be better than eva!
*~Luv Always Tara~*
nato nero e bianco
dado nero e bianco!!
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
zoia

Post by zoia »

the way joffa reads them makes em sound really good