#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Stupied wrote:As for Daniher, I think he has been thrown in the deep end too early to be honest. He still needs to add some extra bulk to his frame to be competitive in one on ones and in the ruck, but he seems to be a good set shot, he's a good mark, and is reasonably athletic. I think in a couple of years he will be one of the better forwards in the comp. Moore will likely be in the same situation if we recruit him. The good news is that we can afford to develop him before throwing him to the wolves, with Cloke Reid and White all legitimately dangerous forwards on their day, and Grundy and Witts hopefully developing their forward games over the next 12 months too.

And I just wrote way more than I intended to lol :shock:
Agree on Daniher. You'd think that ideally the Bumbers would like to be more conservative with his development but circumstances preclude that so it's in the deep end he goes. Will be another couple of years before we see the best of him.

On Moore, what will be will be. Think the club has influenced where he's being played which is why we are seeing him play more across HB in the TAC. Also logical as he continues to rebuild after the hip op that he plays with the footy in front of him. I don't care if he dominates the TAC this year, in fact, I'd prefer he didn't as it improves our chances that he'll slip to our 2nd round pick. Just needs to keep developing in line with the clubs expectations.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:I heard Darcy took a dump at 9.47 PM last night Dave, thought you'd like to know, it was a clean snapper.
Now you are posting Utter Crap
You've been dumped on, Defender.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:I don't see Moore in the bests... did kick a goal though.

Vic Country 2.0 5.2 8.4 14.5 (89)
Vic Metro 3.4 5.5 9.5 11.8 (74)

GOALS
Vic Country: McCartin 3, Goddard 2, Lamb 2, Drummond 2, Webb, Parish, Lonie, Butler, Dunkley
Vic Metro: Sheridan-Ferrie 4, Wright 2, Langdon, Ahern, Ellis, Moore, Pittonet

BEST
Vic Country: Drummond, Marchbank, Marshall, Skinner, Tucker, Lonie
Vic Metro: Brayshaw, McLaren, De Goey, Castagna, Duggan, Pittonet

Trial game results

Vic Country A 0.4 1.4 4.8 5.9 (39)
Vic Metro A 1.0 7.1 9.1 14.4 (88)

GOALS
Vic Country A: Dixon, Mellington, Hodge, Wilson, Schache
Vic Metro A: Waddell 3, Wilkinson 3, Payne 2, Carboni, Menadue, Parsons, Gowers, Cavka, Atkins

BEST
Vic Country A: Cole, Wilson, Gray, Mennen, Hodge, Maher
Vic Metro A: Payne, Allen, Vickers-Willis, Menadue, Maynard, Gowers

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-18/t ... n-u18s-win
Had just six possesions and one goal.

However according to other club recruiters, Moore is mentioned as being a "lock in" to be selected F/S by Collingwood.

BTW, anyone know if this young Steve? Waddell is the son or even grandson of the Waddell who was in the middle of a huge fight for his sevices between Collingwood and Carlton in the early 80's??? From memory, Carlton won that fight.
Don't know about this bloke but yeah, the bloke you remember was Rod Waddell. Played a couple of reserves games for us, cost us the points when he was given to Carlton who then cleared him to Geelong half way through the next season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Waddell
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

FWIW, the TAC rolling draft on channel 9 has Darcy Moore currently as pick 8.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

thebaldfacts wrote:FWIW, the TAC rolling draft on channel 9 has Darcy Moore currently as pick 8.
Why do we have Pick 8? :wink:
I am Da Man
collie dog

Post by collie dog »

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:I heard Darcy took a dump at 9.47 PM last night Dave, thought you'd like to know, it was a clean snapper.
:lol: Dave do you know that your are being ironic but truthful with that post? Brilliant. :lol:
Rain or hail, I wag my tail
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

collie dog wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
:lol: Dave do you know that your are being ironic but truthful with that post? Brilliant. :lol:
Got No Idea what you said?
I am Da Man
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Dave he is objectifying Darce's ablutions, you are figuratively disagreeing and literally agreeing with his post in a most ironic way.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dave The Man wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:FWIW, the TAC rolling draft on channel 9 has Darcy Moore currently as pick 8.
I assume it's just a speculative draft order based on typical attributes, ignoring potential F/S possibilities.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I assume it's just a speculative draft order based on typical attributes, ignoring potential F/S possibilities.

and Terry Wallace is doing it :shock:
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote: Why do we have Pick 8? :wink:

Terry Wallace knows his footy and doesn't seem to bring the bias some others do, could do a lot worse.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
jackcass wrote: I assume it's just a speculative draft order based on typical attributes, ignoring potential F/S possibilities.

Terry Wallace knows his footy and doesn't seem to bring the bias some others do, could do a lot worse.
Seen his Drafting at Richmond?
I am Da Man