Ian Stewart - Triple Brownlow Medallist

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

sixpoints

Ian Stewart - Triple Brownlow Medallist

Post by sixpoints »

Im posting as this man is a complete mystery to me.
What twigged my thoughts was he also developed GB (the condition Alastair Clarkson just contracted) few years ago. I can recall that Sterwart was hospitalised for quite some time.
I haven't heard a word about how he is going. In fact you never seem to hear anything about Ian Stewart at all. I find that a tad mystifying as he is one of only two living Triple Brownlow winners.
He never seems to attend the Brownlow Function and there was no word of him being at Tom Hafey's funeral.
AFL Media last year did a doco on the 1966 Grand Final, but he didnt appear on it.
Does anyone know how he is going?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Kevin Bartlett interviewed him this morning on SEN. I didn't listen to all of it (or that closely to the part I did hear) but he seemed to be ok, although not yet fully recovered. I can't find a link to the interview - perhaps it will be added later on.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Damn, the day I wonder what he's up to is the day he's interviewed.
Just strikes me as odd, as surely with 3 Brownlows & 2 Premierships, he has claims to being the most acclaimed of all living footballers bar none.
We just never see him and no one in the media ever seems to care...
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

He had some off field "incidents" if the rumours are to be believed and he tragically lost a daughter in a car accident a few years back to go with his debilitating illness. So he's had a rough trot of late.

One of the very, very best footballers to ever play all bias aside. He deserves more credit than he gets nowadays.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

He went to School with my Dad
I am Da Man