Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

I agree with you DTM, I think a big indicator on Friday night were his shots on goal, he was rushing, he was feeling the pressure and it wasn't from St Kilda players! He came with a huge wrap and he replaced a pretty good player and fan favorite, he's feeling the pressure. :shock:
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

3rd degree wrote:Rubbish, Medhurst was the difference in this first game in 2007 , he brought us good luck on 100th game not that Shannon Grant's miskick had anything to do with it!
Medhurst was okay in 2007 but he Dominated in 2008 and was AA
I am Da Man
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Like most GWS players (apart from those who had come across from other clubs) I hadn't really seen or heard of Taylor Adams. Yet before the deal was even done many on here had him in our best 22 and pegged as an inside mid who would replace Luke Ball sooner rather than later.

He got in early and then had setbacks but has probably learned quickly that he is at a club with a fairly deep list where spots have to be earned.

I think it's a good thing and I'm glad to see him busting his butt to impress. After all, he wants to be a starting player in a team which will feature in September, something he hasn't experienced before. Take your foot off the gas for a week and there will be someone in the two's pushing for your spot. It's a good thing to have at a club.

I like hearing the tone in Bucks' voice when he talks about him, it's genuine affection for a kid who he holds big hopes for. He'll be right.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Az

Post by Az »

I have to disagree sorry. Make all the excuses you want, that was a very poor display of football skills by any standard on friday night which cost us goals against us. I was maybe willing to let him off the hook last terrible senior game he played as he was asked to play in defense which of course is not his usual position, but it's clear to see his disposal and decision making is pretty shot no matter where he plays. Two particularly bad games at senior level should hopefully see him dropped for either Broomy or the hopeful elevation of K Mart.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Damien wrote:Like most GWS players (apart from those who had come across from other clubs) I hadn't really seen or heard of Taylor Adams. Yet before the deal was even done many on here had him in our best 22 and pegged as an inside mid who would replace Luke Ball sooner rather than later.

He got in early and then had setbacks but has probably learned quickly that he is at a club with a fairly deep list where spots have to be earned.

I think it's a good thing and I'm glad to see him busting his butt to impress. After all, he wants to be a starting player in a team which will feature in September, something he hasn't experienced before. Take your foot off the gas for a week and there will be someone in the two's pushing for your spot. It's a good thing to have at a club.

I like hearing the tone in Bucks' voice when he talks about him, it's genuine affection for a kid who he holds big hopes for. He'll be right.

Hine and Bucks do have very High Hopes for the Kid. You would not Trade Heater and pay some of his Salary for 2 Years for a Hack
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

A tale of two players

Player 1: is a "terrible" kick and had two of the worst shots for goal I've seen last week. But he's just trying too hard and Bucks rates him so he must be a genuine star in the making.

Player 2: early in his career was a "terrible" kick and had some awful shots at goal, though he now plays in defense. Clearly a complete dud and should not play for Collingwood again. Bucks rates him but that's just because he's playing favourites.

Can you tell me which two players these are Dave ? ;)
Well done boys!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

This is not a comment about Adams' kicking:

I remember watching a kid who was the shittest of kicks going round when he came to us from Sydney. But he improved it remarkably with hard work and dedication. He had the biggest heart and became a dual Copeland trophy winner when there were some guns in the team. One of my all time faves.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

[quote="Az"]I have to disagree sorry. Make all the excuses you want, that was a very poor display of football skills by any standard
AZ do you remember Sidey missing 3 shots from with 25-30 with little angle only a couple,weeks ago ?
I'm more prepared too cut the kid a break after 4 or 5 games before cutting a player who has played over 100 games making equally as poor display of kicking.
Give the kid a break mate he can't get worse so there is a upside
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I don't have the kid a break mate he can't get worse so there is a upside to give.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Adams should stop Trying too Hard

Post by dalyc »

Dave The Man wrote:The reason I think his Kicking is not been Fantastic is that he trying way to hard to make a Impression on Collingwood.

So If he can go back to playing like he was in GWS, I reckon he can easily become a Best 22 Player in the next 2 Seasons.

Most of our Recruits come good in there 2nd Season. Like L Brown and Medhurst.

Who else Agrees

My issue is not with Adams but the stupid, yes stupid, and un warranted pre-season yabber about the how this kid was going to take Balls spot and play all 23 games in his first year at our club. I think he will make the grade and be a good player for our club but he needs time and development.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I agree. Easier said than done but he needs to relax a bit, seems very intense. Not easy breaking into a top line midfield, especially at a new club, the most scrutinised club in the country. Give him time to settle, I reckon he'll be ok.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
matrix10

Post by matrix10 »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:I agree. Easier said than done but he needs to relax a bit, seems very intense. Not easy breaking into a top line midfield, especially at a new club, the most scrutinised club in the country. Give him time to settle, I reckon he'll be ok.
Agreed.

Also- i miss Medhurst :cry:
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Damien wrote:This is not a comment about Adams' kicking:

I remember watching a kid who was the shittest of kicks going round when he came to us from Sydney. But he improved it remarkably with hard work and dedication. He had the biggest heart and became a dual Copeland trophy winner when there were some guns in the team. One of my all time faves.
Licuria?
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Double Post
I am Da Man
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Damien wrote:Like most GWS players (apart from those who had come across from other clubs) I hadn't really seen or heard of Taylor Adams. Yet before the deal was even done many on here had him in our best 22 and pegged as an inside mid who would replace Luke Ball sooner rather than later.

Spot on Burgeo - the kid is a lock for finals if fit.