#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Well given all the neutral experts seem to agree he's a top 10 selection I think using a first round pick is warranted.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Beast

Post by Beast »

Like I mentioned earlier on they might be trying to force our hand and in any case this rating is based on what Darcey did in the under 16's and potential but not on the current form.
And just remember, we were all over James Stewart before passing on him altogether due to his average form in his draft year.
If it isn't clear - I'm not writing him off but he would want to improve significantly to find his way to us via first round, especially taking into account this draft is meant to be full of quality KPP's.
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

Have you ever seen him play?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

I vaguely remember Trav having an ordinary U18 draft year.
Knew a kid playing QLD rep footy that year and his team basically didn't rate him as a threat match day. I remember they played a half back flanker on him and run off him.
Surely they would be taking what he has done, what his potential is and most importantly his maturity and attitude into account.

What he has done is shown the capacity to play Ket forward, Ket Back AND ruck.
He missed a year and is a great size in height and weight so has great potential to develop further.
He is named a captain - leadership and attitude.

Be hard to pass him up at any pick.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

MJ23 wrote:I vaguely remember Trav having an ordinary U18 draft year.
Knew a kid playing QLD rep footy that year and his team basically didn't rate him as a threat match day. I remember they played a half back flanker on him and run off him.
Surely they would be taking what he has done, what his potential is and most importantly his maturity and attitude into account.

What he has done is shown the capacity to play Ket forward, Ket Back AND ruck.
He missed a year and is a great size in height and weight so has great potential to develop further.
He is named a captain - leadership and attitude.

Be hard to pass him up at any pick.
The Bolded bit is things that Hine Rates Highly
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-05/r ... t-podcast-

We have Pick 15 at the Moment and You would Happily use that on Moore
I am Da Man
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

This is a no brainer isn't it. He's coming to Collingwood and we'll part with a first rounder regardless. He's the one we've been waiting for. The club will just hope he flies under the radar or goes unnoticed, but we all know that won't happen, being a son of a Collingwood great and therefore linked to us. Besides the bigger blokes always take a while to come good. Hine et al will develop this bloke into a bloody champion.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Lets just pick up some support for him. I'm still hoping we get Cam Conlon.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

stui magpie wrote:Lets just pick up some support for him. I'm still hoping we get Cam Conlon.
Didnt he do his knee again or something? Think id rather we passed on him. Seems to be made of glass :?
Beast

Post by Beast »

From a respected poster on bigfooty
Just thought I would add a little bit of news on Moore. Was lucky enough to go to the AFL Hall of Fame dinner tonight. Ended up sitting with a couple of prominent people in the draft assessment. Obviously discussed a few Magpie issues with them.

3 Moore - his attributes are very very exciting. There is no doubt that the injuries he has had have delayed his development but he is primed to have a break out game.They said his skill set is rare, he has leadership and is a really impressive kid. Opinion was he needs one break out game this year and he is not far away from that. They believe he will do that and when he does he will be a top 3 pick. Were very bullish about him
Take a way the sugarcoating and it basically means that injuries have stalled his development and he needs to lift to justify their high rating of him. Which is kind of what I've been saying ;)
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Stupied wrote:
stui magpie wrote:Lets just pick up some support for him. I'm still hoping we get Cam Conlon.
Didnt he do his knee again or something? Think id rather we passed on him. Seems to be made of glass :?
had more surgery in the off season as I understand it, planning on playing for the Northern Knights as an over age this season. Don't think he's played yet. Well worth a punt with a mid to late pick at worst.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Has he Played Yet?
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Beast wrote:From a respected poster on bigfooty
Just thought I would add a little bit of news on Moore. Was lucky enough to go to the AFL Hall of Fame dinner tonight. Ended up sitting with a couple of prominent people in the draft assessment. Obviously discussed a few Magpie issues with them.

3 Moore - his attributes are very very exciting. There is no doubt that the injuries he has had have delayed his development but he is primed to have a break out game.They said his skill set is rare, he has leadership and is a really impressive kid. Opinion was he needs one break out game this year and he is not far away from that. They believe he will do that and when he does he will be a top 3 pick. Were very bullish about him
Take a way the sugarcoating and it basically means that injuries have stalled his development and he needs to lift to justify their high rating of him. Which is kind of what I've been saying ;)
Where does it say he has to Lift?

They say he is Close to a Break Out Game?

Bucks said the same thing about Cloke and the 2nd Week he kicked 5 Goals
I am Da Man
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Beast wrote:From a respected poster on bigfooty

This is how I read it: given his skillset and maturity he's a first round pick, anywhere from 5 onwards. A big game would see him become a certain top 3 pick.

Still, I don't care how well respected the Big Footy poster is, or how prominent the draft assessors, fine-grained opinions mean little at this point. We see every year that there are major shifts in draft prognostications in the final month before the draft. Why? Not because experts change their mind, but because they actually find out what clubs are going to do, and the reality is usually very different to the imagined landscape.

That is why, at this point of the year, taking in opinions that are anything other than broad brush strokes will drive you mental. All I've taken on so far is that Moore is considered by most in the know as an exciting talent with good first round prospects. It's not till we get much closer to draft time that we'll find out exactly how high he is rated.
Well done boys!
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Has it been confirmed he will play VFL? Great news if true.

And you're right, being a father/son selection will mean it's a little different for Moore, but we will in the final few weeks before the nominations have an idea of where he is rated. Until then, particularly this early, all opinions are largely guesswork except for absolute standouts (eg. Tom Boyd last year).
Well done boys!