#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Beast wrote:How did our great white hope go this morning?
Wasn't in the bests, no goals either.

I'm thinking rookie. :)
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Did he even play?

It would be awesome if we could somehow orchestrate the situation so we could snare him for a second rounder.

Perhaps we should send him to Collingwood training, he'll suffer an injury and sit out the rest of the year.

LOL.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Bag of s.hit, pass.
Buon Giorno
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

Great contribution Big T.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Big T wrote:Bag of s.hit, pass.
Widely touted as a Top 5 or even Top 3 pick, can pick him up for whatever pick we finish with... "Nah he's shit".

Idiot.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I'd love to know how his dad went as a junior, anyone know?
Defender...........

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm fairly sure he was playing CHB for the 'Pies when he was 17. Back in those days, the real proteges didn't play too much under-age footy. He didn't make too many inroads until his 3rd season, though.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I saw Peter Moore's first games in the VFL Reserves team way back in the 70's and he was an ungainly, almost comical looking athlete out of his depth. I remember one Saturday many people in the Sherrin Stand laughing and suggesting he'd never make it. I think I was one of them. We changed our minds soon enough.

Unless he does a knee or gets a Freeman Hammy, he'll be our first round pick without a doubt.

Lock it in DTM.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Neil Appleby wrote:I saw Peter Moore's first games in the VFL Reserves team way back in the 70's and he was an ungainly, almost comical looking athlete out of his depth. I remember one Saturday many people in the Sherrin Stand laughing and suggesting he'd never make it. I think I was one of them. We changed our minds soon enough.

Unless he does a knee or gets a Freeman Hammy, he'll be our first round pick without a doubt.

Lock it in DTM.
I remember when I was a pup my old man would say Moore this and Moore that etc etc, then suddenly Moores surname changed too '(I'm a dinosaur)' lol, must have been when he left us.
Defender...........

You like this.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Neil Appleby wrote:I saw Peter Moore's first games in the VFL Reserves team way back in the 70's and he was an ungainly, almost comical looking athlete out of his depth. I remember one Saturday many people in the Sherrin Stand laughing and suggesting he'd never make it. I think I was one of them. We changed our minds soon enough.

Lock it in DTM.
If his output does not increase five fold any time soon it will a be worse selection than Russell.

4 kicks, 2hp's, 3 marks, 4 clangers, 0 goals, 0 tackles, 3 frees against

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-16/u ... nd-4-stats
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If we can get him for a second rounder then it's a big win and more games like this will help that cause.

P.S-I think he might be tanking.

Good boy.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Even better if Darcy takes it easy and lowers his value so we can pick him up for a third rounder.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Wishful thinking. Lance Frankin had a crap national champs and was still picked top 5. Recruiters will pretty much have made their minds up on the tall prospects already imo.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Wokko wrote:
Big T wrote:Bag of s.hit, pass.
Widely touted as a Top 5 or even Top 3 pick, can pick him up for whatever pick we finish with... "Nah he's shit".

Idiot.
Gee Wokko, I was just stirring to see who I could suck in, didn't figure it would be you. I was aiming more for Dave. Wouldn't have a rats fat clacker what he is like, but I reserve the right to make wild and unsubstantiated accusations and generalisations just to stir shit. Isn't that what Nicks is all about, hell it should be in the constitution.

:P
Buon Giorno
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

We don't want some kid who is a hero at 18 and a zero at 22. He'll still be growing probably, kids go through strength phases.
Get back on top.