Merge nicks other afl room into this one (GD)?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Should other afl be merged with this room

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5

shwany

Merge nicks other afl room into this one (GD)?

Post by shwany »

Could we please have nicks other afl forum merged with this room again.

It's realy annoying to have to go into the other room to read the "laugh at Carlton thread" etc, there's not enough topics in that room to warrant a new room in my opinion.

It realy make sense to merge the two rooms especially headed into finals series where discussion about other clubs I.e essendon Adelaide will kinda relate to the pies.

Please be reasonable mods, leave the poll open for a few days, see what other thinks.

But I think most people would only visit the other afl room maybe one a week, make sense to combine them.
shwany

Post by shwany »

In this room we have a post about the afl app and the afl coaches awards, ceglar etc, wouldn't these threads be warranted to be in the nicks other afl room?

There's too much of a grey area, merge them!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

shwany wrote:In this room we have a post about the afl app and the afl coaches awards, ceglar etc, wouldn't these threads be warranted to be in the nicks other afl room?

There's too much of a grey area, merge them!
I mentioned Collingwood in my app thread.

I think at the very least the AFL board should replace the DaT board in the list order.
Last edited by Bob Sugar on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

A reasonable suggestion for sure but stand by for lots of messages suggesting that you're a lazy troll for suggesting it's too hard to scroll and click. Truth be told, I have never gone into that forum; now if it were placed straight under this one it would make a lot more sense. But really, you're asking a group of Nicksters, who happen to be moderators, to listen to the opinions of the rest and unfortunately, they don't. If our moderators are challenged they react in the same way every time; private message asking for criticism to cease. No public debate involving our mods is tolerated. It's a great shame.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

In a former life I would have posted an image of Hitler here.
shwany

Post by shwany »

There have been 4 new topics raised there this week, hardly worth a new forum.

Another topic today was about Brian Taylor's gay slur, that's another one that could go in either forum.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Neil Appleby wrote:A reasonable suggestion for sure but stand by for lots of messages suggesting that you're a lazy troll for suggesting it's too hard to scroll and click. Truth be told, I have never gone into that forum; now if it were placed straight under this one it would make a lot more sense. But really, you're asking a group of Nicksters, who happen to be moderators, to listen to the opinions of the rest and unfortunately, they don't. If our moderators are challenged they react in the same way every time; private message asking for criticism to cease. No public debate involving our mods is tolerated. It's a great shame.
Give me nicks mods over Bigfooty mods any day.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Thank Christ early man didn't have the internet.

Granted we'd have excellent wifi reception but a cave is still a cave.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I honestly don't cross over to the other afl section much, pity, as there seems to be some good stuff over there,, but sometimes, aside from the scum thread, its a ghost town, unfortunately.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Is this poll for real?

I posted my vote with 14 V 14 - which seemed strange given the feedback - and then my vote was reflected with another vote also appearing instantly - despite no other member registered on the thread?

I think other AFL matters of general footy interest/discussion would be best in General Discussion.
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
Tpaxava

Post by Tpaxava »

yin-YANG wrote:Is this poll for real?

I posted my vote with 14 V 14 - which seemed strange given the feedback - and then my vote was reflected with another vote also appearing instantly - despite no other member registered on the thread?

I think other AFL matters of general footy interest/discussion would be best in General Discussion.
lol - strange, the same thing happened to me... It was 15 v 15, posted my vote and it is now 16 v 16. Spooky! :shock:
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

M02 - the mirror man is back?? :)
Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
magirl

Post by magirl »

Same here, I just voted and now 17 v 17.

Yes please merge.
Side by Side
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

funny this. wasn't the "other afl" forum established because of members sooking about having to read non-collingwood stuff in gd?

i don't think the forums should be merged. all i would like is for the other afl forum to be grouped n the collingwood forums section of the index page, beneath the gd forum listing. it seems incongruous for it to be in the "other forums" section. perhaps even rename it to "non-collingwood afl".
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

It's a scam, Shwany, one that should be beneath the dignity of the moderators here, and not in the slightest funny. Whoever is responsible should out himself and resign immediately.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!