Cheer Squad Chants.

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

oh very funny posts cobood and london dave, oh yeah and very childish
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

i thought people could listen to these and get some ideas and if people need help with the words just let me know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
back pocket

Post by back pocket »

My 6 year old's prep class have a footy day today. We took the Magpie Army CD so they could have some "real" footy songs to sing. Hopefully we'll have converted all the kids to Collingwood by the end of the day.

Thanks Joffa and everyone else who helped make the CD. The kids were chanting along at the top of their voices, (essendon and bears kids too!!) it was sooooo funny. When their parents pick them up, they'll be singing "Good old Collingwood forever."

Thanks again, it's great to be part of the family (I also had to smother a laugh when she told some swans kid that they had a traitor. I guess she picked that up from the banner on the TV at the Sydney game when we spoke about it.)
Burns4PM

Cheer Squad Chants

Post by Burns4PM »

Hey Geordie, I also come from a soccer background and having been too many games of the mersey variety have a great appreciation for the atmosphere it generates. I agree with all said that AFL is abit quicker so chants need to be same. That shouldn't stop us trying to sing them at opportune moments.... after a goal is scored.
The chants become very generic and apply to any names that fit.
A couple suggestions........
Heeeyyyy Heeeyyy Rocca,
Oooh Ahhhh,
I wanna Know oh oh oh oh oh,
How you scored that goal.

The Ooooh Ahhhh is heard all over the ground and is awesome.
Or.......
nah nah Nah Nah
Hey Hey Hey
Chris Tarrant.
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

i love the the rocca one and and you can use didak and as for not being able to use long chants i agree but that one would sound great after a goal and it is short enough so you can still watch the game when the ball is bounced
taco girl

Post by taco girl »

this is addressed to gordie matt. i've had a read of all the comments and complaints. there were some good and some bad. but gordie matt, yours went from good to bad. you have to remembr that we are in australia, and we are playing AFL football. whilst i agree that a soccer croud sounds intimidating. AFL is a quick and exciting game. the chants don't go on for five mnutes, so much can happen in five minutes. in the cheersquad its a fun and a spur of the moment decision to what chants are sung. if you wan't different chants to be heard you have to let your voice be heard. if people like what they hear they will join in.
DidakinthePocket

Post by DidakinthePocket »

Hey, not wanting to stir the pot any further, I just had to comment here.

Matt, you seem to have some good ideas, but remember that the Collingwood FC is full of history and tradition. The chants which are done at matches have been used for years, as have soccer chants which english teams use.

If you want your chants used, then talk to Joffa at the games, you know where to find him.

As for putting S&#t on the CS, thats your first mistake. On one hand u want to change it all around, but on the next you pile it on them.

And as for not being aware that we sing We love Collingwood, well that just goes to show your lack of interest when it comes to being part of the squad.

So either put up or shut up Matt, and dont waste our time, or the time of the other CheerSquad members like Cobood and associates. if you knew how much work Cobood actually did for OUR club then you wouldnt be posting comments like you do.

You need to realise that the CS dont sing. The CS is there to chant, but also to support the club. To support the club you need to watch the match. We dont hear you standing up in your seat singing songs do we?

Yours Faithfully

Mick
ASCSA - Alice Springs Collingwood Supporters association - President and sole member