Merge nicks other afl room into this one (GD)?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Should other afl be merged with this room

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 5

Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

So, Stui where's your No vote? Mine is the only one

Funny thing is that the current ordering works better for some..... When you access the drop down list while browsing in GD, the AFL Other forum is the last option which makes it foolproof to jump to once you know this. If it was third or in the middle somewhere you need to pay some thought to the labels.

And I'll give you all a handy tip. While viewing a GD thread, just scroll down only so far that the "Jump to" box just appears in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. When you access the drop down list it will go upwards and the AFL Other option is the first choice. You also need to move your mouse a small distance to get to the GO button. 8)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:I don't buy that it's too hard or too many clicks or whatever. This is not an AFL/ Aussie rules supporters forum where we can all discuss the finer pojnts of Aussie Rules, it's a Collingwood forum. EOFA.
It's a Collingwood forum, which means that 90% of posts in GD were always going to be about Collingwood and 10% of the other posts were about the rest of the AFL discussed from a Collingwood perspective. Made sense to me.

The status quo worked fine for me, and this change never seemed to have anything more than minority support, but resistance is clearly futile so I guess we'll just have to get used to it. Worse things happen at sea!
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Joel

Post by Joel »

^ Personally, I just can't really be bothered posting here anymore.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Any progress?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Donny wrote:Presti35,

Why would we put 'Nick's Other AFL' under a forum clearly marked Collingwood Forums ?
Does it really matter?

I mean Supercoach has nothing to do with Collingwood only and it's currently under Collingwood Forums.

The re-shuffle I listed makes sense. AND it's user friendly!

Besides, we could always just change it to Football Forums if it was that big an issue.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

And nothing. What a surprise.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Well, as long as The Seedsmeister is happy... ;)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

They've just changed the forums, and now you want them to change it back? Bah!

Yeah the mods here resist change. A lot. Getting them to reorganise the forums to suit the whims of the users would have been hard enough. Getting them to undo the changes to suit the whims of other users ... good luck!
Joel

Post by Joel »

^ Good point actually. You'd think instead of following the whims of users that you would just run a vote to see what people prefer, and then run with that.