Well done cheersquad

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

joffa_the_man_in_gold

Well done cheersquad

Post by joffa_the_man_in_gold »

It was probably the best night ever the chanting and cheering never stopped..whilst the brisbane cheersquad was a waste of space in the punt road prime seating area sitting there looking like a stale bottle of piss the collingwood cheersquad once again showed why it is the most talked about and most envied cheersquad in the business.

Well done to all squad members the feed back from other supporters at the ground is one of imense pride
cheers
Collingwood today, Collingwood tomorrow,Collingwood forever... we'll always do things the collingwood way... side by side we stick together to uphold the greatest name in football.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
stik35

Post by stik35 »

Whilst the Cheersquad was fantastic, we should also give a mention to others around the ground who did their bit.

In particular, I noticed a guy in a grey CFC jacket over in M3 or thereabouts - right next to the Brissy Cheersquad - he was on his feet getting the Magpie fans chanting and doing a great job.

Fantastic to have the supporters getting loud and proud all over the MCG!
If you bleed black and white you'll never walk alone.
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

I must say it was pretty loud saturday night. Loudest I have heard the grog squad.
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
Rosewall Woman 1

Joining the cheersquad -one of my better moves

Post by Rosewall Woman 1 »

had high hopes when three generations of the Rw Clan decided to join the c/s this year.

Have to say it has been absolutely fantastic.

How wonderful to be able to roar your lungs out, wave your flags/banners, abuse the umpires etc without being told to "sit down and shut up"

What a wonderful feeling to see the opposition backman panicking when confronted with a wall of noise from the c/s ... even better when they stuff up.

Marvellous to turn around and know you'll be eyeballing a fellow magpie fan feeling just as happy/anxious/hopeful as you are.

Great to hear Billy B, Rex and co comment on the crowd and how loud they are and know you were a big part of that.

Just so good to be there when the team come over to you post-match and applaud you and to think "Hell, maybe I made a difference tonight"

We can't help out with making banners etc (live in Central Vic) but will be there to do whatever we can on every game day for the rest of this year.

Will definitely be back in 2004 - looking forward to it.
WiCkEdzZ mAgPiEzZ

Post by WiCkEdzZ mAgPiEzZ »

Is it true the cheersquad won a television?!?! I wasnt sure who won it as i missed the announcement!

Post by zoia »

yes we did win it
Melsa5

Post by Melsa5 »

Hey what bay were the grog squad in....were they standing at M10?
CAAS

Post by CAAS »

Melsa5 wrote:Hey what bay were the grog squad in....were they standing at M10?

Nope, we were in M3. you'll find M10 is where the unofficials have decided to re-locate too.

Seeing as the CS won a tv, whats the deals with it? A CS raffle? How about a raffle on family day and the winner gets the tv. $2 a ticket. Sure to sell a couple of hundred on family day if you do that.
We are the premiers
The mighty premiers
and we are mental, and we are mad
we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
THE D.O.C.

Post by THE D.O.C. »

thats not true caas "you'll find M10 is where the unofficials have decided to re-locate too".

[/search]
Were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G. And were gonna to win the cup
Melsa5

Post by Melsa5 »

Well whoever was there, were sensational. They got all bays around them firing!
THE D.O.C.

Post by THE D.O.C. »

Melsa5 wrote:
Hey what bay were the grog squad in....were they standing at M10?

Nope, we were in M3. you'll find M10 is where the unofficials have decided to re-locate too.
thats a load of shit caas not all the unofficial boys stand there
Were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G were on our way to the M.C.G. And were gonna to win the cup
foxy

Post by foxy »

M10 this year has become an institution. it's filled every week, mainly with members of LSD (lulie street dash, another collingwood website). a few of the unofficial lads stand with them as well.
Greg J

Post by Greg J »

It was hard for me to gauge how loud we were as I was screaming every chance we got.

I noticed on the highlights of the Essendon game that the roar in background was immense (but you can not pick out the CS amongst that lot).

I was looking at Rocca when he started heading over to the CS on Saturday night giving us a clap. I thought if anyone hears how much we try it is Anthony.
Scooby Doo says "I've been to Lexus too."
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Just some extra encouragement, a lifelong Collingwood supporter who cannot attend games any longer as she is one of those unsung heroes - she is a fulltime carer for her 95 year old mother, mentioned just how great the Coooolllllllllingggggggggggggwooddddddddd chant is and how they would much love to hear it more and more - even moreso when the team is behind as it is so loud and comes across so well on tv.

Top stuff!
HANDS OFF OUR JUMPER

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

I have to say the atmosphere was really amazing on Sat. night.

We were sitting up with the gods in the Southern stand, and the chant went up more often than usual, particularly when trying to encourage the boys on in the 3rd quarter. And of course it went up after every goal. By the last quarter the place was rocking! :D

I must say, I havent been the biggest fan of the 'cooooolllllinnngggwoooood' chant, but on Sat night, it sounded great, more soccer style if u know what I mean! :)