The great big, consolidated Mitch Clark thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

If Geelong snap up Clarke and Frawley, you have to question what the hell they are doing.

They are out of contention in my opinion and will be a veritable Dads army.

Pies focus on quality youth will pay off.
Buon Giorno
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I'm not too fussed either way. If we sign Clark great, he might end up being useful. If we don't then we focus on younger players and keep our eye on the future.
Well done boys!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

could be going to cats AND cheap as well.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

AN_Inkling wrote:I'm not too fussed either way. If we sign Clark great, he might end up being useful. If we don't then we focus on younger players and keep our eye on the future.
That's the attitude I take as well.

I'll be happy if we recruit him but if it doesn't eventuate it's not the end of the world either.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Jezza wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:I'm not too fussed either way. If we sign Clark great, he might end up being useful. If we don't then we focus on younger players and keep our eye on the future.
That's the attitude I take as well.

I'll be happy if we recruit him but if it doesn't eventuate it's not the end of the world either.
Me to.
King Malta

Post by King Malta »

I'd actually be disappointed if we didn't get him. he'll likely be fairly cheap and is still young enough to be part of our next challenge.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

King Malta wrote:I'd actually be disappointed if we didn't get him. he'll likely be fairly cheap and is still young enough to be part of our next challenge.
I agree. I also think he's a better player than Tippet and could be the making of our forward line, which needs a massive injection of class and grunt.

It will be an embarrassing slap in our face if he chooses to go elsewhere after we publicly declared our keenness to recruit him.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

RudeBoy wrote:
King Malta wrote:I'd actually be disappointed if we didn't get him. he'll likely be fairly cheap and is still young enough to be part of our next challenge.
I agree. I also think he's a better player than Tippet and could be the making of our forward line, which needs a massive injection of class and grunt.

It will be an embarrassing slap in our face if he chooses to go elsewhere after we publicly declared our keenness to recruit him.
Count me in. I want him as it will potentially give us a formidable forward line. However, I think we lag behind Geelong in securing his services. I don't think it will be a slap in our face for reasons outlined earlier, that is: no 24 hour media spotlight, likely finals (compared to us), a good footy culture & footy department & a reasonable area to live - i.e. the surf coast etc. if he chooses this.
Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Big T wrote:If Geelong snap up Clarke and Frawley, you have to question what the hell they are doing.

They are out of contention in my opinion and will be a veritable Dads army.

Pies focus on quality youth will pay off.
I wouldn't discount the Cats quite yet. Remember how old & slow they were in the Prelim 2010. They were written off by many.

However, I do like the idea on focussing on quality youth. In that light could we get pick 4 & a second round pick for Dayne? Add to that a decent pick for H (second round IMO).
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Neil Appleby

Jungle drums: Clark to Geelong

Post by Neil Appleby »

Looks like Mitch Clark is off to Geelong. Trade Radio says he spent Sunday in Geelong and that Geelong is confident they will get him.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Maybe after spending a day in Geelong they've harmed their chances!
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Listed also that Melbourne may offer picks 2 & their compo pick 3 (for Frawley leaving) to Adelaide for Dangerfield.
Dangerfield would be mad to go that basket case of a club.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

He's actually spent two days in Geelong!

When choosing a club, spending time in the area of course makes sense. I wouldn't consider missing out on his signature a great loss anyway. We have bigger fish to fry.
Well done boys!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

sixpoints wrote:Listed also that Melbourne may offer picks 2 & their compo pick 3 (for Frawley leaving) to Adelaide for Dangerfield.
Its ALL about $$$$ mate. Its ALL about the $$$$$$

Look at what that dirty traitor Thomas did to us????

Judas all over again........ :roll:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Lazza wrote:
sixpoints wrote:Listed also that Melbourne may offer picks 2 & their compo pick 3 (for Frawley leaving) to Adelaide for Dangerfield.
Its ALL about $$$$ mate. Its ALL about the $$$$$$

Look at what that dirty traitor Thomas did to us????

Judas all over again........ :roll:
A traitor he may be but he obviously left for more reasons then just money.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!