The Travis Varcoe Deal

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

We already have Young, so why on earth would we want another list clogger.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I'd rather pick 23 even if it meant giving up something extra on top of Lumumba to get it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

swoop42 wrote:I'd rather pick 23 even if it meant giving up something extra on top of Lumumba to get it.
Blair....
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
OEP

Post by OEP »

swoop42 wrote:I'd rather pick 23 even if it meant giving up something extra on top of Lumumba to get it.
God yes.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
OEP

Post by OEP »

It's no good having a players thats got great disposal if he rarely kicks the ball.

His career average for kicks is 6.3 and handballs is 7.3, pretty average stats for a skills player. He averages 3.5 tackles a game which just proves 3.5 times a game an opposition player trips over him.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

A big no to Travis Varcoe IMO. I see him as being soft, injury prone and IMO he is not overly skillful anyway. He missed the chance to beat Hawthorn in 2013 preliminary final with a relatively no pressure shot on goal and the only reason he got the two goals in the first quarter of the 2011 grand final is that Lean Davies paid him no respect at the bounce of the ball and it fell into his arms from the clearance.
The fact that Geelong have been trying to offload him for the past two years is enough to tell me that he is not going to help us progress. We do not need another list clogger who would be holding back the progress of a kid.
I would rather take our chances in the draft and pick a kid. If Melbourne want Harry then let them give us their 2nd round pick and they can swap Mitchell Clarke for Varcoe.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

OEP wrote:It's no good having a players thats got great disposal if he rarely kicks the ball.

His career average for kicks is 6.3 and handballs is 7.3, pretty average stats for a skills player. He averages 3.5 tackles a game which just proves 3.5 times a game an opposition player trips over him.
I didn't realise his stats were so poor. No from me based on that.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by Member 7167 »

NO................................Next
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday