Essendon snaking yet again

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

rand corp

Post by rand corp »

You don't get a compensation pick for running a pharmacological experiment on your players and shooting them up with enough dodgy juice to at least earn them show cause letters, and probably getting them suspended for using banned, performance enhancing drugs.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

^^The AFL says that the second trade still has to be fair. Like Blair for pick 10 or Delaney for a round 5 pick. I assume they have the power to void trades that are clearly inequitable.
Well done boys!
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Let me get this straight. Essendon is now seeking to void Ryder's contract through a get out clause because of their negligence and failure in duty of care towards one of its players and in return they are seeking a compensation pick? Is Kevin Sheedy back there because the Martians have landed!!

I have no problem with Ryder using this clause to terminate his contract however the bombers no way should be compensated for it. Let them suffer.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Why doesn't he just pull the trigger after the trade period has finished. He owes those pricks nuthin. F em!
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Absolutely ridiculous. Typical of a Carlton and/or Essendon style low life manipulation of a system.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Damien wrote:Why doesn't he just pull the trigger after the trade period has finished. He owes those pricks nuthin. F em!
i think he needs to do this prior to the end of free agency. today, i read that ryder has now moved to seek a breach of contract.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Bucks5 »

One article said that North/St Kilda started this rort when making the Dal Santo trade last year.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

The Seedsmeister wrote:One article said that North/St Kilda started this rort when making the Dal Santo trade last year.
Not quite the same. Dal Santo's contract had a +1 year clause that they mutually chose not to exercise but his contract term had concluded.
Museman

Post by Museman »

The AFL say no dice.

Surprisingly :o
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Museman wrote:The AFL say no dice.

Good. Mismanagement should not be rewarded.
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

Museman wrote:The AFL say no dice.

Good news. Now they just need to change the compo formula so that the team who signs the free agent actually loses a draft pick, instead of every club moving back a place, and the system will be as fair as free agency will ever get.