1 Year Contracts

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

1 Year Contracts

Post by Culprit »

This is the normal at Local Football Level and has started to become a normal thing at VFL Level. Maximum is 2 years.

Will it become the normal thing in the AFL? What will be the ramifications?

From my dealings with players and potential players, they want you to kiss their bums and tell them how good they are. No negatives are allowed or they move on or go elsewhere ala the Doggies. The standard quote I hear from players moving on is "family reasons". Then you find out they have moved for extra $$ or a shot a premiership. I have no qualms with players moving I just prefer a straight answer rather than spin.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Not a fan of the shorter contracts for established players and given the events of this preseason the longer ones don't seem to restict players opting out on a whim.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

No. More likely to be longer contracts.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Culprit »

jackcass wrote:Not a fan of the shorter contracts for established players and given the events of this preseason the longer ones don't seem to restict players opting out on a whim.
Yep, contracts appear to be worth absolutely nothing now.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

There needs to be a change to trading rules. Players want free agency, well with that there should also be free trading. They don't get to break a contract and dictate where they will go. You want a trade, you accept the destination just like you do in the draft. Want to go to your club of choice? See out your contract and become a free agent. The "8 year rule" should be removed as well if this change were made. And no, this view has nothing to do with Beams :).
Well done boys!