Time to decide. Who do you want at pick 5?

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Who do you hope the club selects at pick 5?

Laverde 189cm 82kg half-forward/back/midfielder 12/4/96
46%
De Goey 187cm 82kg half-forward/midfielder 15/3/96
5%
Wright 203cm 102kg key forward/ruckman 8/9/96
29%
Pickett 180cm 76kg midfielder/half-forward 18/8/96
12%
Lever 194cm 84kg key defender 5/3/96
2%
Weller 181cm 77kg midfielder 23/2/96
No votes
Duggan 183cm 76kg half-back/midfielder 11/12/96
No votes
Ahern 181cm 77kg half-forward/midfielder 1/8/96
No votes
Langford 190cm 73kg half-forward/back 1/12/96
5%
Other - please specify
2%

Total votes: 59

Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Wright please. I want another draft like 06, where we recruited the next generation of KPP's in Brown, Reid and Dawes (although 3 talls might be overkill this year).
ip address

Post by ip address »

I have changed my mind and now pick:

Pick 5, I would now like De Goey

Pick 30, I would like McKenzie

Pick 48, I would like Tyler Keitel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previously on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:52 pm
I would love Laverde but I think he'll be gone by Pick 5 so I will pick Langford.

Pick 30, I would pick Tyler Keitel because he can play FF / CHF / CFB and can ruck when the ball is in the forward line. There is plenty of upside to him. We also have so many talls at the moment, so let's take a mid with our earliest pick.

Pick 48, I would pick Langdon, Tommy's younger brother. Good to have some brothers back in the Collingwood team.
Last edited by ip address on Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for Premiership 15 ... amended now to 16
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

If we are after a tall then Keitel and McKenzie would be in the mix at 30 you'd think, Oscar McDonald another around that mark.

Still if we overlook a highly rated tall at pick 5 makes you wonder if we'll bother targeting an "inferior" one at 30.

That might well be the strategy and McKenzie in particular with a basketball background might appeal to Hine if he's still available but I'm thinking we'll look for some outside run (Cavka) and/or elite users of the ball (Rainbow) or some strong bodied types like a Maynard or Gore with a few tricks.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
swoop

Post by swoop »

De Goey for me.

For the same reasons MJ23 mentioned, plus I like the look of him.
He could become a midfield enforcer and looks ready season 1.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

swoop42 wrote:If we are after a tall then Keitel and McKenzie would be in the mix at 30 you'd think, Oscar McDonald another around that mark.

Still if we overlook a highly rated tall at pick 5 makes you wonder if we'll bother targeting an "inferior" one at 30.

That might well be the strategy and McKenzie in particular with a basketball background might appeal to Hine if he's still available but I'm thinking we'll look for some outside run (Cavka) and/or elite users of the ball (Rainbow) or some strong bodied types like a Maynard or Gore with a few tricks.
Buckley's job is on the line, we've already taken a project player in Moore with our original first pick, bet your ass picks 5 and 30 will be used on a ready to go mid-utility.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Defender wrote:
swoop42 wrote:If we are after a tall then Keitel and McKenzie would be in the mix at 30 you'd think, Oscar McDonald another around that mark.

Buckley's job is on the line, we've already taken a project player in Moore with our original first pick, bet your ass picks 5 and 30 will be used on a ready to go mid-utility.
My understanding is the recruitment department makes it's own decision on selections, not the coach.
blakis

Post by blakis »

I picked Pickett. X-factor machine. Will add that Jetta type run and carry to our midfield. Huge leap on him too!
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Defender wrote:

Says who? Random internet posters?

I'd like to see Buckley have a season that wasn't completely injury riddled before making a decision on him as coach. I'm sure the board feels the same way.
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I'll go Wright because I think we need young KP forward. If Goddard or McCartin were available I'd take them first.

Hopefully we also rookie list Cam Conlon and get him away from Visy Park.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

our team seriously needs one more key forward and not a swing man in that position for structure and team stability.
Part of our demise of resent seasons is the chopping and changing of the game day squad from week to week due to the elaborate reasons and bucks needs to be given the chance to prove himself with a core group of men starting with 5 Kpps including the ruck. Some may say we have to many bigs on the list but if we pick a gem then the trading of a big man for whatever reason gives us a bargaining chip to improve the list where needed. I like Write for today but could Laverde be the next Kouta got a hell of a likeliness.
So all in all I pick Pickett, maybe.
no second chances
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Snoop dog over at bigfooty who seems to have a bit of inside knowledge states that we are very keen on Laverde but have interviewed Wright again.

The usual suspects in De Goey and Langford the roughies while one of our recruiting team really likes Ahern.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

swoop42 wrote:Snoop dog over at bigfooty who seems to have a bit of inside knowledge states that we are very keen on Laverde but have interviewed Wright again.

The usual suspects in De Goey and Langford the roughies while one of our recruiting team really likes Ahern.
Maybe they've been getting confused reading Nicks? I know I am. :?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Snoop dog over at bigfooty who seems to have a bit of inside knowledge states that we are very keen on Laverde but have interviewed Wright again.

Maybe they've been getting confused reading Nicks? I know I am. :?
:lol: :lol:

I want a 199cm tall fast aboriginal midfielder who can ruck, kick 60 meters with pinpoint accuracy, who is agile, with 90% goal kicking accuracy, who is lithe, can crash packs, turn on a "throopenny" bit, has elite endurance yet sprint like Valeri Borzov, has leadership qualities, is unique yet abides by the rules, who speaks his mind but has a great capacity to listen, who marks like Billy Picken, who can be a game changer, be in & under type while being an outside type.

Other than that I'll take Emma Quayle at pick 5.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Geek

Post by Geek »

I've been tossing up between Wright and Laverde. I see now that Wright is a Virgo though and I can't stand 'em. I was born 3 weeks late specifically so I didn't have to be one. No wonder Wright's soft... sorry... "doesn't relish the physical side of the game"

Laverde it is
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I agree with Snoop. That is would be between Wright and Levarde
I am Da Man