Champion Data Selects its Top 30 Draftees

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Neil Appleby

Champion Data Selects its Top 30 Draftees

Post by Neil Appleby »

Champion Data has selected its Top 30 players for this week's Draft.
The Top 10 based on statistical analysis are:
1. Chris Petraca
2. Pat McCartin
3. Isaac Heeney (Swans)
4. Angus Brayshaw
5. Peter Wright
6. Jake Lever
7. Jarrod Pickett
8. Darcy Moore (Pies)
9. Lachie Weller
10. Hugh Goddard

De Goey is at 12, Ahern 13, Jayden Laverde 15

Full story here:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 7132202198
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

Peter Wright at 5. Is that an omen?
The window is open my friend!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Why do people keep insinuating that Moore will end up a defender?

To me he's our future CHF and has played his most eye catching football as a forward at U18 level.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Champions Data Top Prospects would be lot Different to what Recruiters would have
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:Peter Wright at 5. Is that an omen?
Take Heeney (Swans at pick 18?) out and that makes him 4. That'd make Lever 5.
cityslick1

Post by cityslick1 »

Heeney didnt play any games against Vic, SA or WA right... gotta be a factor in him having such high stats. You can only beat who you play, but I wonder if he is really as good as Petracca / Brayshaw etc, as some are saying.

Academic anyway, but I'd still like to think that we get one of the elite mids / utilities out of this year's draft at 5.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dave The Man wrote:Champions Data Top Prospects would be lot Different to what Recruiters would have
Absolutely spot on Dave. Recruiters are looking for skills and mindset that translate to AFL footy. Some juniors can dominate in U18 due to more developed body size and maturity, but don't have the capability to go further.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Wouldn't think Champion data statistics would include psychological profiles, back ground checks, growth potential, perceived dedication, ability to add muscle mass and a host of other intangibles that make up the final selection of a draft candidate. Surely this list has got to be one of the more irrelevant pieces of draft information that has further helped to sell a newspaper.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Dave, I think the whole point of this article is to point out that Champion Data uses a totally different methodology to that of club recruiting teams. No doubt family background, character and personal matters are assessed in detail by clubs. Champion Data just makes its selections by statistics, but even so, their top few picks are pretty much the same as all of the phantom drafts we've seen to date. Even so, they picked Lewy Taylor at No.6 last year so sometimes they are right on the money.

Had to laugh yesterday when I read that one club had crossed a player off their shopping list after visiting the family home and noting his very untidy bedroom!
I bet the boys in the 2015 draft will all of a sudden be keeping very clean and tidy rooms.

Seriously, I'd be questioning that recruiter's priorities if an untidy bedroom was being equated to football ability. Seems ludicrous to me.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I think it was what they found under his mattress that really put them off ; )

Interestingly enough, it was lewis taylors '' social profile '' and his height that cost him a higher selection. He can certainly play, time will tell if his career is without incident or not. So far it has certainly been the Lions gain.

Wonder where champion data had Dayle Garlett last year ??
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “