Frost and Gault retained as rookies

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Frost and Gault retained as rookies

Post by John Wren »

frost (third year) and gault (second year) remain on the rookie list for 2015.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
E

Post by E »

how is it that Frost is allowed 3 years. I thought rookies only got 2 years. I suspect the injury to Sharenberg makes it possible to keep frost on the rookie list.
themonk

Post by themonk »

E wrote:how is it that Frost is allowed 3 years. I thought rookies only got 2 years. I suspect the injury to Sharenberg makes it possible to keep frost on the rookie list.
Also, didn't Frost just sign a 2 year contract? what can you pay rookies?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

themonk wrote:
E wrote:how is it that Frost is allowed 3 years. I thought rookies only got 2 years. I suspect the injury to Sharenberg makes it possible to keep frost on the rookie list.
Salary and conditions dictated by the contract, not by being on a particular list.
jackcass

Re: Frost and Gault retained as rookies

Post by jackcass »

John Wren wrote:frost (third year) and gault (second year) remain on the rookie list for 2015.
You'd imagine that Frost would get upgraded to the senior list either via Scharenberg's LTI and midyear upgrade or to spot 40 if they don't use pick 85.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I'd be more than a little pissed off if I were Frost, but good to see he's allowed us to it in turn giving us an extra pick in the draft.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

IF we pass at pick 75. Frost would be Elvated with that spot.

Just like we did with Huddo last 2 seasons
I am Da Man
themonk

Post by themonk »

jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
Salary and conditions dictated by the contract, not by being on a particular list.
Cool for the club as we are keeping our options open, harsh on Frosty though.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I must admit I'm quite amazed that Frost is still stuck on the rookie list. He's shown more than enough to be on our senior list.
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

^^ But why would we give up the chance of grabbing someone we like in the draft when we can play and pay Frost as much as we like?
kill for collingwood!
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

roar wrote:^^ But why would we give up the chance of grabbing someone we like in the draft when we can play and pay Frost as much as we like?
Yes you're quite right. I was talking more from the perspective of how Frost has performed on the field and how most players like him would have been elevated to the senior list now, without taking into account of what we may do in the national draft.

Clearly the club is tactically sound when it comes to list management. As Hine said we could find another Langdon or Marsh in the making so I like how they're approaching this.
πŸ† | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | πŸ†
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Good move by the club.

Frost will be upgraded next year.

I don't see why he would be upset. I mean if you're drafted via the rookie draft, that's how it goes sometimes.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Smart play Dekka. Always good to possibly snare a "perceived top 40 pick" that somehow drops to the 80's. If not save the pick for December pre season draft
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
E

Post by E »

jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote:
A rookie listed contract can be paid up to the rookie scale and trhat salary is not counted toward TPP. If by contract he is paid more than the rookie scale, then it counts towards TPP. So we save an amount equal to the rookie scale for TPP purposes by leaving him on the rookie list. All things being equal, its better to have a person on the rookie list than on the main list PROVIDED that you can find a way to upgrade him. Others have noted that we have both the Sharenberg LTI and the mid season upgrade.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

E wrote:
jackcass wrote:
themonk wrote: Also, didn't Frost just sign a 2 year contract? what can you pay rookies?
A rookie listed contract can be paid up to the rookie scale and trhat salary is not counted toward TPP. If by contract he is paid more than the rookie scale, then it counts towards TPP. So we save an amount equal to the rookie scale for TPP purposes by leaving him on the rookie list. All things being equal, its better to have a person on the rookie list than on the main list PROVIDED that you can find a way to upgrade him. Others have noted that we have both the Sharenberg LTI and the mid season upgrade.
Thanks for that info E. Sounds like the club has everything under control.