A great Draft opportunity

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Who are you and what have you done with 35forever?
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

Arf arf, And what in Gods name are you on about Hiss?! What the hell else are we gonna do with our picks other than draft players!?! Are you suggesting we don't use them? I'm pretty sure you're havin a laugh, but sheesh, its hard to tell!
Actually I think the pessimism about this draft is absolutely wrong, there WILL be quite a few future stars from this selection. If Petracca and Bradshaw aren't guns I'll bare me bum on Bourke St! The big problem is the AFL screwing us yet again by giving the Dees a charity pick. Our original No. 4 would've been a very different proposition. Yes, I agree there's not a great chance that Brayshaw will be around at 5 or Langford at 30, I'm just saying if it happened we'd be dopey to let them slip , and no one seems to know how things will fall. Just a month ago Wright was a lock in the first 4, and only Petracca and McCartin could be 1 & 2, but the famous Callum Twomey Phantom draft has Brayshaw at 2, Pickett at 4 and us taking DeGoey. I think he'll be quite wrong this year as there's never been such confusion about who would go where. Boekhurst is a good chance at 48, and we've been looking hard at him. I really hope we take him as he's 21 and plays against men already. He could start in Round 1.
I thought we'd take LaVerde for sure, he's ready to go while DeGoey, who does look awfully good, look at his highlights if you doubt, is a skinny kid with a bit of bulk to gain before he's ready for prime time. There is also a good likelihood that Jack Lonie will be there for our last pick, and I rate him as highly as any small forward in the mix. Again, look at his tape, the kid can kick and mark! How bizarre!!!

Disappointed no one had anything useful to add, but I guess the draft isn't a big deal to many, but with the debuts of Freeman and Shazza still to come we could unveil 5 or 6 potential stars in 2015 (although it must be remembered that a team which debuts more than 3 players in a year can't win a flag, them's the rules!) I see 2015 as being like 2006 when we unearthed a new generation of guns. The talent is certainly there, I'm just not sure we have the development staff any more.
(see, it IS me!)
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

35forever wrote:Arf arf, And what in Gods name are you on about Hiss?! What the hell else are we gonna do with our picks other than draft players!?! Are you suggesting we don't use them? I'm pretty sure you're havin a laugh, but sheesh, its hard to tell!
Actually I think the pessimism about this draft is absolutely wrong, there WILL be quite a few future stars from this selection. If Petracca and Bradshaw aren't guns I'll bare me bum on Bourke St! The big problem is the AFL screwing us yet again by giving the Dees a charity pick. Our original No. 4 would've been a very different proposition. Yes, I agree there's not a great chance that Brayshaw will be around at 5 or Langford at 30, I'm just saying if it happened we'd be dopey to let them slip , and no one seems to know how things will fall. Just a month ago Wright was a lock in the first 4, and only Petracca and McCartin could be 1 & 2, but the famous Callum Twomey Phantom draft has Brayshaw at 2, Pickett at 4 and us taking DeGoey. I think he'll be quite wrong this year as there's never been such confusion about who would go where. Boekhurst is a good chance at 48, and we've been looking hard at him. I really hope we take him as he's 21 and plays against men already. He could start in Round 1.
I thought we'd take LaVerde for sure, he's ready to go while DeGoey, who does look awfully good, look at his highlights if you doubt, is a skinny kid with a bit of bulk to gain before he's ready for prime time. There is also a good likelihood that Jack Lonie will be there for our last pick, and I rate him as highly as any small forward in the mix. Again, look at his tape, the kid can kick and mark! How bizarre!!!

Disappointed no one had anything useful to add, but I guess the draft isn't a big deal to many, but with the debuts of Freeman and Shazza still to come we could unveil 5 or 6 potential stars in 2015 (although it must be remembered that a team which debuts more than 3 players in a year can't win a flag, them's the rules!) I see 2015 as being like 2006 when we unearthed a new generation of guns. The talent is certainly there, I'm just not sure we have the development staff any more.
(see, it IS me!)
HAH,

Hey, I think you're right in that all the speculation on who will go where counts for jack come tomorrow when the people who actually have the call, make it.

We've all read how different "experts" rate different kids, but they don't operate with the lens of what each club values and wants or how they operate so there could be quite a few upsets in the first round.

I reckon Dekka will have as usual his list of players that he wants, in order and will be ticking each one off as they're drafted so even if he does suddenly go into cardiac arrest because someone is available, Rendell or someone will jump in and read off the next name on the list.

I'm feeling excited about 2015 in a way that 2014 never grabbed me.
Kosh

Trying to picture Dekka passed out at the Draft table..

Post by Kosh »

Doc63 wrote:While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.
Top effort Doc63, laughed out loud....
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Seriously, I find it difficult how people can compare years, draft pools. How? I'm really wanting to know, and not being smart? I for one wouldn't have a clue. Certainly can spot a good footballer, understand when someone has a brain, to think quickly, good with both sides of the body and so on. But who has the ability to distinguish such differences, particularly when it comes to the top 15 or 20, when it comes to a new batch of players when no one really knows how they will perform on the big stage in AFL?
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever

Post by 35forever »

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Doc63 wrote:While a rare positive post from 35forever is very welcome, it is, as usual, delusional.

If Brayshaw is still available at 5, we may well be "timed out" of our pick, as the paramedics furiously attempt to to revive Dekka.

And there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Langford still being there at 30.
Couldn't agree more re Dekka - first Grundy, Langford and Marsh and then a top 3 slider at 5 would probably finish him off completely :wink: