Late Draft Mail....

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Late Draft Mail....

Post by derkd »

an article on the Herald Sun...so please everyone have a BUCKET of salt ready.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 7132256899

It said....EDIT: and it seems they have removed the comment... That Melbourne were going to throw a curve ball into the draft by taking Brayshaw and Wright with picks two and three. Meaning, one would imagine, that GWS would jump on Petracca. in that event who would Collingwood take? a juicy conundrum
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Brayshaw would be the one that would get to Pick 4
I am Da Man
derkd

Post by derkd »

I would have thought so too dave. even if that is the case, would make for a interesting pick.5 Jarrod Pickett???
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
derkd

Post by derkd »

makes me wonder if more then a few teams are foxing with regards to Wright...lots of teams like him but no one is willing to say it out loud.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
derkd

Post by derkd »

swoop42 wrote:http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-26/late-mail-top10-bolter

interesting Swoop... it is a little bit like the final turn at the Melbourne Cup...no one quite knows what will happen. I think this draft more then any in recent memory.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I have sneaky feeling Petracca will slide to pick 4, maybe 5 if we're lucky.

1. McCartin
2. Brayshaw
3. Lever/Wright
4. Pickett/Petracca
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Petracca no chance of sliding past 3.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Petracca needs to join in with the schoolie celebrations tonight and wake up in a police cell in the morning to have any hope of sliding to pick 5.

I suggest he does.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Emma Quayle has a very good record on picking the top ten and tonight she went for:
1. McCartin
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw
4. Pickett
5. DaGoey
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
woftam

Post by woftam »

Neil Appleby wrote:Emma Quayle has a very good record on picking the top ten and tonight she went for:
1. McCartin
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw
4. Pickett
5. DaGoey
The thing is she wasn't committed to any of her comments. It was her best guess. The list managers are not giving anything away & the commentators have not much to go with. They still aren't 100% sure who goes at pick 1 yet.
I think there may be some surprises.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

woftam wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Emma Quayle has a very good record on picking the top ten and tonight she went for:
1. McCartin
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw
4. Pickett
5. DaGoey
The thing is she wasn't committed to any of her comments. It was her best guess. The list managers are not giving anything away & the commentators have not much to go with. They still aren't 100% sure who goes at pick 1 yet.
They be 100% sure now on who is Number 1.

She is not 100% backing them but she would have a Fair Idea though
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

woftam wrote:
1. McCartin
2. Petracca
3. Brayshaw
4. Pickett
5. DaGoey
They be 100% sure now on who is Number 1.

She is not 100% backing them but she would have a Fair Idea though
I am Da Man
Az

Post by Az »

I wouldn't be shocked if Petracca got past Melbourne's picks. The rumors suggest they are more keen on Brayshaw, and with guys like Tyson, Viney, Toumpas, Vince and Jones, they certainly have enough to build a midfield without having to take two top midfielders. With Frawley gone, and lets face it Dawes is only meant to be a 2nd tall, they would have to be mad not to take say a Wright or Lever. Hogan and Wright are the makings of a serious forward line for them along with Gawn.

GWS are in a very interesting boat here. They could benefit greatly from a player like Pickett who along with a quality key back (who I assume they will go after with their pick 6) seems to be the missing link for them. Obviously they boast one of the best young midfield's in the game and a lot could be made for the case that they don't necessarily need Petracca, however I think if they decide to take him it's going to have more to do with their fears of the potential walk out of Treloar/Shiel etc.

If they are confident they can retain their midfield in the coming years, it's not too crazy to think Petracca or potentially Brayshaw could slide down to our pick.