decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mandy

Post by mandy »

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:Thank god the walking dead is back this wweek
Well that was disappointing
Agreed.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
mandy

Post by mandy »

#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Last edited by David on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What is that feeling like? Where were you like the show had more things to say in the past?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Watch "Hiding" on the ABC on Thursday nights. Aussie thriller about a family under witness protection. Kept me interested and on the edge of my seat.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
mandy

Post by mandy »

David wrote:will Hannah and Adam stay together
I really didn't like Adam this week. He's not always a likeable character but the one thing he's always been is honest. Even brutally so. I don't know where they're going with this storyline but I hope they don't ruin him.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

think positive wrote:
think positive wrote:Thank god the walking dead is back this wweek
Well that was disappointing
Worst episode ever of TWD.

In other news Better call Saul the breaking bad prequel spin off has begun over the last few days.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I've just finished Season 1 of breaking bad, so the spin off will have to wait.

I've been so pumped for TWD season restart, haven't watched it yet but now I'm a bit deflated. Probably better to go in with low expectations, might enjoy it more than getting let down by a weak episode.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

That Dunham chick is such a vile troglodyte, no idea what any of you see in that show. Enjoy it while it lasts though, I read it was bleeding ratings in the core demographic and as much as they want to push her as a 'star' I don't see it panning out.
David

Post by David »

Strong words. What do you dislike about her?

Dunham tends to cop it from raving misogynists on the one hand and smug, holier-than-thou Twitter leftists on the other. I've rarely found much of value in critiques from either side, but I'd be interested in hearing why she's rubbed you the wrong way.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Let me count the ways.

I'll start with the most obvious and probably leave it there, because I try and avoid her like the plague and probably should've just abandoned the thread when her show was being discussed.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/lena-du ... ler-sister

Sometimes in life there are people you just don't like, hate even. Sometimes these feelings are totally unjustified. I very rarely experience it, but she is just one of those someones to me. Chrissy Swan is another one, while my friends were saying how great she was on Big Brother (and post BB media career) I was just hoping she'd go away. Dan Savage does that too me as well. Meh, I'll leave it at that, hatred or even strong dislike is something best acknowledged and then moved into the background.
David

Post by David »

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

I knew my examples would lead to that accusation. No. If I'd mentioned Josh Thomas to go along with Dan Savage would that mean my prejudice is against gay men? If I'd brought up Catherine Deveny would it just become 'Women'? Does Ray Martin add in White males?

I guess you could say I have a prejudice against loud, annoying, rude leftists. Just plain leftists still have to be a huge wanker before I turn against them. Tony Jones and Annabel Crabb for example I just love.

Back on Dunham, like I said, that issue was a start to show what I mean. Also victims of abuse don't have to identify as victims to BE victims, try that line when an abused wife says she's not really abused and it's all fine and leave her lovely husband alone.

I would add that she's a barely talented, nasty piece of shit who is so filled with hatred and bile to those that she sees as outgroups to her own agenda that all I am doing is reflecting it back at her. She also completely fabricated a rape story to paint her picture of 'evil white conservatives' but the only guy who could possibly be the perpetrator was found to have an airtight alibi but still had to deal with the press tracking him down and having the 'rapist' shadow cast over him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... ook-755193
KenH

Post by KenH »

I have never heard of this Dunham girl!
Cheers big ears