decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

KenH wrote:I have never heard of this Dunham girl!
Lucky you. I'm really regretting bringing it up, it's like just the thought of her triggers a red haze and I go berzerker :lol:
KenH

Post by KenH »

Wokko wrote:
KenH wrote:I have never heard of this Dunham girl!
Lucky you. I'm really regretting bringing it up, it's like just the thought of her triggers a red haze and I go berzerker :lol:
I just googled her, and I have not seen anything that she has been in!

I must admit I do not watch or go and see many movies or TV shows!
Cheers big ears
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I had a look at "how to get away with murder" too.

I'm happy enough to be behind and just watch it as FTA puts it up, at least until they start stuffing with the scheduling then, if I like it, it's download time and no regrets.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Wokko wrote:I knew my examples would lead to that accusation. No. If I'd mentioned Josh Thomas to go along with Dan Savage would that mean my prejudice is against gay men? If I'd brought up Catherine Deveny would it just become 'Women'? Does Ray Martin add in White males?

I guess you could say I have a prejudice against loud, annoying, rude leftists. Just plain leftists still have to be a huge wanker before I turn against them. Tony Jones and Annabel Crabb for example I just love.

Back on Dunham, like I said, that issue was a start to show what I mean. Also victims of abuse don't have to identify as victims to BE victims, try that line when an abused wife says she's not really abused and it's all fine and leave her lovely husband alone.

I would add that she's a barely talented, nasty piece of shit who is so filled with hatred and bile to those that she sees as outgroups to her own agenda that all I am doing is reflecting it back at her. She also completely fabricated a rape story to paint her picture of 'evil white conservatives' but the only guy who could possibly be the perpetrator was found to have an airtight alibi but still had to deal with the press tracking him down and having the 'rapist' shadow cast over him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... ook-755193
Haha, okay. Perhaps we should just agree to disagree on this one, or else I will also go into berserker ragegasm. I don't love everything about Lena, but I have engaged in some ... shall we say, less-than-civil debates over on the IMDb forums over her. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

I've been getting into the Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Pretty good!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Watch "Hiding" on the ABC tonight at 8.30. Suspense guaranteed.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!

Post by 1061 »

Recorded Gogglebox last night and skimmed through it later, it was rather boring.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Brenny wrote:I've been getting into the Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Pretty good!
Love it. Watched the first two seasons in a few days.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Recorded Gallipoli the other night. Watched it last night.

The recording showed 1 hour and 48 minutes. The actual show time would have been about an hour. The amount of ads is pathetic, and one of the main reasons I use Netflix now for most stuff.
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I am so enjoying The Flash. Just great, the DC namedropping is brilliant. Taken the platform of Arrow and built on it beautifully and following on from the genre invented by Smallville.
For a DC nerd, heaven on a stick.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Me too.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

Everybody is giving me the shits this week,

I might watch that show too :twisted:
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
mandy

Post by mandy »

Joel wrote:Recorded Gallipoli the other night. Watched it last night.

The recording showed 1 hour and 48 minutes. The actual show time would have been about an hour. The amount of ads is pathetic, and one of the main reasons I use Netflix now for most stuff.
I pretty much just record everything now. I wait about 20 minutes then start watching so I can forward through the ads and finish at the same time.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

stui magpie wrote:^

I'm happy enough to be behind and just watch it as FTA puts it up, at least until they start stuffing with the scheduling then, if I like it, it's download time and no regrets.
didn't take them long to move it to the back blocks. on at 11pm. it couldn't possibly be because it would have been up against gallipoli?!
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.