#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

And he runs just as hard when he hasnt got the ball in his hands.
We killed them in that area last night. They had to many down hill skiers and Crisp and co just kept applying defensive pressure all night.
They were also fortunate that greenwood didnt play last night ( another who runs both ways )
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
droversdog65

Post by droversdog65 »

Is further along than what we have been led to believe, was pleasantly suprised with his debut.

A long way to go but certainly more than 'steak knifes'.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Pies2016 wrote:And he runs just as hard when he hasnt got the ball in his hands.
We killed them in that area last night. They had to many down hill skiers and Crisp and co just kept applying defensive pressure all night.
They were also fortunate that greenwood didnt play last night ( another who runs both ways )
His Defensive Side of his Game was he is know for
I am Da Man
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

As this boys confidence grows he'll just get better. Don't forget he was also coming off a lot of distractions off field too. With that behind him and as he gets settled into our club he could be a ripper.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

I liked what the kid did. Bugger potential, if he just delivers that each week and improves bit by bit as normal, I'll be a fan.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Was impressed.
We did well in that trade.
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

Crispy's size and speed are real assets, he certainly goes in hard and looks to be a very promising recruit.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I'm a big fan of Crisp and I'm convinced he's going to be a good recruit for us especially after the uncertainty surrounding him when we first recruited him soon after Beams went to the Lions.

It may have been a small moment but one thing that made me convinced that Crisp is going to be a good player for us on Saturday night was when he ran frantically to spoil a certain mark from a Lions defender at the half-forward flank which led to Sidey gathering the ball and hitting Blair on the chest who went back and scored a nice goal. This happened in the first quarter and I thought it was overlooked by far too many people considering Crisp created that goal by making that run.

He's still a young player but I'm a fan for sure!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Then again, it may not.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Good thread, that was probably the greatest surprise of the night for me. I'd assumed he was going to be a VFL regular plus some depth. The boy can play, and he has the kind of bigger body that we lack in the midfield to go with the better teams. Beams is a good player, but if Crisp plays like that each week, De Goey develops and Greenwood makes good, we're ahead on the deal.
Two more flags before I die!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Thought he played well. Good size, great spread, fast, good tackler & decent kick (which we were all told her was not renowned for).

We just might have something here.

Happy Jan. :)
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

The area we most needed to improve coming into this season was our ability to close down space. In Saturday night's game this was the most impressive aspect of Crisp's game, Goldsack like with more ability going the other way.

He seems exactly the type of player we needed and is a better fit for us than a Beams or J.Thomas.
Well done boys!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

I was impressed, hopefully he keeps it up and cements himself in the 21.

I'll be even more impressed if the Goey comes on as expected, then the Beams deal becomes yet another blessing in disguise.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E

Post by E »

Defender wrote:I was impressed, hopefully he keeps it up and cements himself in the 21.

I'll be even more impressed if the Goey comes on as expected, then the Beams deal becomes yet another blessing in disguise.
The idea that we could replace Beams with three first picked players (and one star in De Goey) would be outrageously good fortune (although i still contend that whatever we do this year would have been better with a right minded Beams.
E

Post by E »

Steak knives looked really, really solid again tonight. Looks likely to be in our best 22 all year. very comfortable at this level. Nice size, does the hard things.

Good stuff