Charlie Dixon

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Az

Charlie Dixon

Post by Az »

It's clear our weakest link going into the years we're supposed to be building is our forward line. Sure, the void left by Swanny in the midfield is going to be a huge out, but hoping De Goey can be the answer there (and eventually Freo if he gets his hammy right).. so our midfield is looking sound.

Dixon is 24 and should be in his prime once we are supposedly contending. Do you think it's possible we would bypass having a crack at Danger and throw the kitchen sink at Dixon? Is obviously out of contract at the end of this year and serves two immediate issues. One being the replacement tall we lost in Keeffe, and the 2nd being another back up ruckman.

The Suns are seemingly stalling on their way to their flag, he might just consider leaving if the coin was right. He can even keep the no. 23! Cons: he is a Queenslander
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

The pies desperately need a gun KP forward: that is now obvious with the rather rapid decline of Cloke, the failure of White, the injuries to Reid, the slow and un-guaranteed development of Gault and the decision to play Moore in defense.

I suspect we will be lining up a decent target
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Charlie is an interesting target. Ridiculously injury prone ( just what we need ) but seems to come straight back in and kick bags.
Im not advocating any spot for romance in footy anymore but he was officially the first player chosen by the GCS. Not sure whether that will tug at his ample beard or not.
We need something up forward. If all his injuries were proven to have been bad luck rather than re occurring hot spots, I would certainly have a crack at market value but not overs.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

He'd be the 3rd Leroy Brown we'd tried since Leroy left and would be an upgrade on both Quentin and Jesse.

If we could get him at a reasonable price, I rate him highly. I personally think we need to draft some KPP this year. We have Gault developing and Moore to come on, Abbott as a potential medium leading forward but 2 more decent size marking targets as kids would be nice.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dream Still Alive

Post by Dream Still Alive »

Last night prooved we need this guy. He has something that Dawes, Lynch and White dont have. He clunks them. One on one, in a pack or full tilt on the lead. None of this second ruck role crap. I want him as our full forward.
Riding every bump since 1990
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Him being a banana bender makes it unlikely, we are in need of a quality KF though.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Queenslander and rumoured to have chronic feet issues. Means he's unlikely to come and potentially a risky option if he does.

Rather invest in a couple of KPP kids this draft and there appears to be some quality in the first round according to those who watch TAC and National Champs. Will know more by seasons end on likely progress of Gault and Moore and that may influence some decisions.

We also need to keep an eye on Still and Ryan Pendlebury who both could be rookie list options.