2015 Free Agents

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

How about Jarrad Grant?
I am Da Man
MagpieBat

Post by MagpieBat »

Dave The Man wrote: I highly doubt any of Stevens,Hawkins or Dangerfield would leave there clubs.

So you think Hine and Co have no F**King idea with Trades and Free Agency?
Not quite. But I don't think their track record with recycled and 2nd string players has been crash hot, let me put it that way.

Even Leigh Brown wasn't all that good, but he was really a case of the right guy at the right time with the right role in the right place...
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am MagpieBat.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote: I highly doubt any of Stevens,Hawkins or Dangerfield would leave there clubs.

Not quite. But I don't think their track record with recycled and 2nd string players has been crash hot, let me put it that way.

Even Leigh Brown wasn't all that good, but he was really a case of the right guy at the right time with the right role in the right place...
Do any other team have Records on Getting Recyled players and 2nd Stringers?

All Teams do it and majority of time they Fail to come good
I am Da Man
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

MagpieBat wrote:

I agree, haven't been a fan of recruiting some of these blokes but club has indicated it was more a short term strategy to fill the void left be so many recently departed senior players. I can understand the strategy but personally would have opted for more kids. You do run the risk of setting up an age/experience profile similar to GCS and GWS, and we know how well they've gone over the last few seasons, but there is greater risk-reward potential.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Jezza
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I can't see Hawkins leaving as Stui explained earlier but I can see Dangerfield and possibly Rory Sloane leaving the Crows to return back to Victoria especially if Adelaide have a poor year next year and don't pay them bigger salaries than they are on currently.

I think if Dangerfield did return to Victoria he'd go to Geelong because he's from the area, used to barrack for them as a kid and with potentially more retirements Geelong could have more cap space to obtain him.
Dave The Man wrote:How about Jarrad Grant?
No way! He's useless and is still as skinny as ever! :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

MagpieBat wrote:

Jolly, Ball, Tarrant weren't bad. Jesse might still come good and Levi we haven't seen to judge.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better