#25 Jack Crisp

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by Pies2016 »

You measure players by their ability to stand up against the best.
Hes been good all year but I reckon he arrived last night.

'' A grader '' includes consistency over a reasonable period. If he is playing at this level consistently in 12 months time, he would be thereabouts.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
yin-YANG

Post by yin-YANG »

Love us or Hate us... we are Collingwood - you can't ignore the Mighty Magpies!!!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Pies2016 wrote:You measure players by their ability to stand up against the best.
Hes been good all year but I reckon he arrived last night.

'' A grader '' includes consistency over a reasonable period. If he is playing at this level consistently in 12 months time, he would be thereabouts.
as others have said, a prolonged period of consistency and a bit more polish will see him attain that status. doesn't have the class that is immediately apparent in others but he has the potential.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Yes
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

I don't think Crisp will ever be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I love him and I hope he keeps getting better
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Deja Vu wrote:I don't think Crisp will ever be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I think Crisp will be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

I love him and I hope he keeps getting better. :wink:
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

^^^^^Pfffffft! You don't know what you're talking about!

😄
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

No disrespect to Dayne Beams who was a great servant of the Club, but if Derek Hine had to choose one of Dayne Beams and Jack Crisp right now he would, at the very least, have to think twice - especially when you factor in current salary of each and remaining career seasons.

A huge win for the Pies.

(And that's leaving aside the rest of that deal being pick 4(5) J De Goey, pick 20ish Levi Greenwood and the late pick we gave away).

I think Hine has done pretty well in trading when you look back on Dawes and Wellingham being converted into 2 picks in the late teens, trading up the draft order to get Schareberg and Freeman (although we haven't opened those Xmas presents yet) and Lumumba being converted into 20s pick->Varcoe.
All We Can Be
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

The other thing is that hypothetically speaking say the Caff was up and running and was our tagger he goes to Mitchell. If he keeps Mitchell to 20 touches and say has 8-10 himself then we deem this a success. However to tag Mitchell he starts in the centre square and we are already weaker in here and although might get a clearance his primary job is to stop Mitchell so he is not worried about trying to win the ball unless it's hit down his throat.

Having Crisp as a run with player then all of a sudden we have 3 genuine clearance players at the bounce and Mitchell although not tagged has to worry about what influence his opponent is having. I would prefer for Mitchell to have 30 and Crisp get 28 and kick a goal or 2 than the tagging scenario.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

Jordan De Goey (a 250 game CFC legend if ever I have seen one)
Jack Crisp (will play 200+ games in Black & White)
Levi Greenwood (2nd in Norf's B&F last year and he starred in their preliminary finals loss)

FFS! West Coast Eagles didn't net that much for Chris Judd when he went to Carlton!

I am REALLY happy with the way things are shaping up at the moment.
E

Post by E »

Deja Vu wrote:I don't think Crisp will ever be a true A grader but he doesn't have to be. He gives us great service defensively and allows us to run with different options in the middle.

Was Scott Burns an A-grader? I considered him an A-Grader. I see so much of Scott Burns in Crisp. If Scott Burns was an A-grader, I think Jack can also become one.
E

Post by E »

cooldewd wrote:Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

Levi Greenwood (2nd in Norf's B&F last year and he starred in their preliminary finals loss)

FFS! West Coast Eagles didn't net that much for Chris Judd when he went to Carlton!

depends if you are looking at assets acquired or the results of those assets. They were given a star CHF at the beginning of his career (plus I think 4 and 20). We got around the same level of draft picks, but I don't think Crisp is the caliber of Josh Kennedy.

the fact that our draft assets appear to have been used better doesn't change the assets we were given (and by the way, De Goey has played 5 games). Lee Walker looked this good after 5 games too remember......
E

Post by E »

Johnno75 wrote:The other thing is that hypothetically speaking say the Caff was up and running and was our tagger he goes to Mitchell. If he keeps Mitchell to 20 touches and say has 8-10 himself then we deem this a success. However to tag Mitchell he starts in the centre square and we are already weaker in here and although might get a clearance his primary job is to stop Mitchell so he is not worried about trying to win the ball unless it's hit down his throat.

Having Crisp as a run with player then all of a sudden we have 3 genuine clearance players at the bounce and Mitchell although not tagged has to worry about what influence his opponent is having. I would prefer for Mitchell to have 30 and Crisp get 28 and kick a goal or 2 than the tagging scenario.
Mitchell was relatively ineffective for most of the game. We really held him in check pretty well. I know he got 30 touches, but he didn't shred us like he has in the past. We finally had bodies in the middle to compete with him and that meant the ball in dispute was a contest. In other games against the hawks, they implemented the spread on us completely safe in the knowledge that Mitchell would clear it to them out of the congestion.
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

E wrote:
cooldewd wrote:Guys...think about it...

We got for Beams:

depends if you are looking at assets acquired or the results of those assets. They were given a star CHF at the beginning of his career (plus I think 4 and 20). We got around the same level of draft picks, but I don't think Crisp is the caliber of Josh Kennedy.

the fact that our draft assets appear to have been used better doesn't change the assets we were given (and by the way, De Goey has played 5 games). Lee Walker looked this good after 5 games too remember......

Lee Walker came to us with an injury history the length of your arm.

He never looked good for more than a quarter before breaking down.

Did he ever play five FULL games much less five games on the trot?

Didn't think so.

De Goey is a superstar in the making. It is as obvious as dogs you know what.

Crisp is a surprise packet that will give our midfield that extra grunt that we need and Greenwood only has to play at somewhere near last years level (where he averaged 25 disposals a game) and happy days are here.

Kennedy ended up being a star, but Masten? Pick 20 got them Tony Notte? Who IS Tony Notte?

We cleaned up big time and will be the beneficiaries for years to come.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Johnno75 wrote:The other thing is that hypothetically speaking say the Caff was up and running and was our tagger he goes to Mitchell. If he keeps Mitchell to 20 touches and say has 8-10 himself then we deem this a success. However to tag Mitchell he starts in the centre square and we are already weaker in here and although might get a clearance his primary job is to stop Mitchell so he is not worried about trying to win the ball unless it's hit down his throat.

SNAP

People are forgetting crisp has been a run with player. Not the hard tag type but he hasn't had the freedom to play pure mid.
Beams never tagged in his life and never will. He only runs one way. You could live with that as a known quantity if he kept hitting the scoreboard and had an experienced list. We don't have that experience and need all our Mids to run both ways.
What I was most worried about loosing beams was the goals. Crisp is doing that and in terms of his role in the team way way more.
If greenwood or Caff came back and crisp didn't have to run with ......
Wow - A grader all day long. Bit like mundy.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan