#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

swoop42 wrote:Was barely sighted in the first half but had an improved second half.

We all know he has genuine talent and is hard at it but naturally for a first year player is a fair way off the player he'll eventually become.

Competition for spots is only going to get hotter from here so he'll do well to remain in the side over the next month.
I think when comparing rookie years Beams has him well and truely covered, but Beams got more opportunities obviously, they are similar types but to me Degoey just looks bigger, I'm not sure if he's shot up or put more beef on since his pre season weigh in but he definately looks bigger than his player stats suggest.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Duff Soviet Union
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

When I look at young players, I don't really care if they drift in and out of games as JDG does. I mean, it's great if they can dominate from day 1 like Judd, but he's an exception to the rule. I just want to see flashes. I want to see good decision making when he gets the ball, I want to see at least serviceable skills and I want to see some semblance of one on one / contested ball ability. JDG has all that in spades. As he improves his tank and learns how to get to the right spots, he'll be a superstar.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
didick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by didick »

Any chance of a Rising Star this week?
"The night is a very dark time for me" Chaz Michael Michaels
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

No.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Well, someone who touched the ball in the first half of their game, probably. De Goey looks like he could be a really special player soon enough - but he isn't that player, yet.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

De Goey is showing glimpses that he will be a terrific player for us but it will inevitably take time for him to reach his full potential so patience is the key here.

He's still prone to looking 'lost' at times when playing but as he begins to improve reading the play and gaining more confidence in using his footy smarts wisely he'll become a great recruit for us.

I'm not sure he'll be nominated for the Rising Star award this week but I suspect he's not too far away from receiving one if it doesn't happen to occur this week.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Charlie Cameron of the Crows got the nod this week for his 9 kicks, 4 handballs, match-high 7 inside 50s, 5 tackles, 1 goal and 3 goal assists.
FLAGPIES

Post by FLAGPIES »

Will be a Gun!!! Oh by the way add Crisp and Greenwood!!
Thanks Dayne, enjoy you're time at the bottom of the ladder!!!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Not sure why Buckley started JDG as the sub, but we are paying the penalty now.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

piedys wrote:Not sure why Buckley started JDG as the sub, but we are paying the penalty now.
Changed the game when he came on for Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

piedys wrote:Not sure why Buckley started JDG as the sub, but we are paying the penalty now.
agree, another dumb decision from Buckley
piedys

Post by piedys »

Stinger wrote:
Changed the game when he came on with Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).
Yep and now we are all victims of Buckley Fail.
Reckon he'd be a chance for #2, or #14 in 2016.
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

piedys wrote:
Stinger wrote:
Changed the game when he came on with Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).
Yep and now we are all victims of Buckley Fail.
or 23, 24 or 27!
piedys

Post by piedys »

Stinger wrote:
piedys wrote:
Stinger wrote: Changed the game when he came on with Frost off with concussion. Then when subbed on made an impact at every contest moving the ball forward. Would love to see him keep 35! (although I say that every year).
or 23, 24 or 27!
Well, who knows what will happen with those blokes!