What made you sad today?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

5150 wrote:I bought a Jeep...

And nobody gave a fu@k...
have you suddenly become a late 20's single, unwanted female?
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx
Very sad TP.
Cheers mate, thanks xx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:Went to the funeral of my old work mate who died last week from MND. Gees, seeing the recent pics of him, he was still so vibrant and fit. He was only 56. I remember at the last reunion about 5 years ago, he looked good. So sad, his wife and two daughters about the same age as mine.... Talking to the guys afterwards, one guy, 49 has moved back in with his ex, as she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, and it's already in her liver. She's on borrowed time, they have a nine year old daughter. Asked how she was coping "yeah not as, a boy in her class died of leukaemia last year, and he lost his hair before when he had chemo, so yeah she understands a bit ......". OMG.

hug your loved ones, don.t hold too many grudges if you don't need to, think "is it worth it?' Don't hang around with people who just drag you down. Life really is too short.

Whilst it was a sad day, it was so good to see the guys again. Weve all changed, all got older, but it's so weird, we all just get along like time has stood still! They all recognise me, (even without my overalls on!) I struggled with a couple of names! The next reunion is in October, and I can't wait!

I may drive a cute little VW but my heart will always be in a Holden!

Cheers. RIP Aldo Schiano, thanks for the memories. Xxxx
That's very sad to hear TP.
Thanks Jezza, cheers xxx
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

Sorry for your loss. Hope he didn't suffer mate. Cheers xxx
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Sorry to hear that David - at least it seems it was quick and painless - reckon that is the best you can hope for :(
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

Condolences David.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Sorry to hear that David! Condolences to you and your family!
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Dangles

Post by Dangles »

think positive

Post by think positive »

I have an extra daughter, not sure how long for. Her dads a mean drunk, he's chucked her out a couple of times, she usually goes to Nan's, but Nan's not doing to well so I put my hand up. Last time it was because she stuck up for her mum when he started getting nasty. This time, she's off to study overseas, he doesn't think she's done enough in organizing the trip! The kid has worked her butt off to finance a lot of it, found accommodation and a school, but apparently she didn't know enough about visas or something stupid. She's a good kid. I just don't get it. I don't get the mum, I'd choose my kid.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Where did you get extra daughter not sure how long for ?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Stork
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:I have an extra daughter, not sure how long for. Her dads a mean drunk, he's chucked her out a couple of times, she usually goes to Nan's, but Nan's not doing to well so I put my hand up. Last time it was because she stuck up for her mum when he started getting nasty. This time, she's off to study overseas, he doesn't think she's done enough in organizing the trip! The kid has worked her butt off to finance a lot of it, found accommodation and a school, but apparently she didn't know enough about visas or something stupid. She's a good kid. I just don't get it. I don't get the mum, I'd choose my kid.
Good on ya, and good luck with it. Hopefully your opinion of the kid holds true and you don't develop a sudden understanding of the parents view.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:I have an extra daughter, not sure how long for. Her dads a mean drunk, he's chucked her out a couple of times, she usually goes to Nan's, but Nan's not doing to well so I put my hand up. Last time it was because she stuck up for her mum when he started getting nasty. This time, she's off to study overseas, he doesn't think she's done enough in organizing the trip! The kid has worked her butt off to finance a lot of it, found accommodation and a school, but apparently she didn't know enough about visas or something stupid. She's a good kid. I just don't get it. I don't get the mum, I'd choose my kid.
Good on ya, and good luck with it. Hopefully your opinion of the kid holds true and you don't develop a sudden understanding of the parents view.
Haha, yeah I've known her a long time, she's done a fair few over nighters; when I picked junior up from the girls 16th birthday party, the father was so drunk he was falling down the steps! Even sober, he's an odd bugger. She saw her mum today, and I think she's trying to work something out. I would not be at all surprised if the guy is an undiagnosed schizophrenic or something. Scary, he has his own plane! Both of my kids have had the odd feral friend, this one is alright, she has lovely manners, and she always always comes over and says hi if she sees me. Oh, and she's a magpie!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

hah.

Just saying, I've seen a lot of my kids friends over the years, had a few times when they were apparently copping grief at home.

Always keep in mind there's 3 sides to every story.