Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

[quote="johnny@"]Trade/Borderline/Delist

#2 Shane Woewoden - Trade

you are a joke if you think we should trade woewoden because he was one of our best players all year but had a bad grand final

gee but thats right everyone has to have a scapegoat when we lose but woey shouldn't be it
geordie_matt

Post by geordie_matt »

there are 3 players which i think we should do everything to get

dean soloman
nick stevens
nathan brown

but i know we can not get all 3 but surely we can get 2 of them with some good trades and buckley on the vetrans list so we can fit them under the cap
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Soloman....we should go all out for him!!
Madness

Post by Madness »

Well I wouldn't be suprised if Scotland and Kinnear end up at the Bulldogs for Brown. And for those who think we should trade Woey, are on drugs...why are so many against him?????? I think he had been damn good for us...
Most people I know, think that I'm crazy....
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

agree Madness, Scotland could make a useful career elsewhere if traded. Kinnear would have to end up at the Bullies or Carlton to look anywhere near an AFL player. Woey has given us good value, he's safe.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

but he does not use that body to good effect.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
M@®©

Post by M@®© »

What i dont get is people say to get rid of a few players but whats to say the players we get in return wont make the team as well ??? just cause there not in the main side doesnt mean there no good its called depth
alex

Post by alex »

[quote="MagpieJulian"]Delist the usual suspects.

Trade: Scotland, McGough, Davis and Woewoeful

Maybe we could get a first round pick for Woewodin? Nah, no club would be that silly.[/quote]

we would never trade scotland, he is a first class young player, and i think when he maturers as a footballer that he will play a scotty burns type role.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Whats with everyone wanting Woeys blood? There is no chance he will be delisted/traded. He's had a good season, and wasnt the worst yesterday.

On the other hand, Kinnear has been tradeable for years, as has Scotland. I have a strong feeling the two will find themselves running around for the Western Bulldogs next year.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

Retire - Richardson/Freeborn/Molloy
Trade - Davis/McGough
Delist - Betheras/Mullins/All the Rookies
Give Richards, Kinnear and Williams one more year
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Hogiebbear

Post by Hogiebbear »

Kinnear will go... has been on the verge for years

Josh was under siege yesterday.... and he did his job unbelievably well. What we need is a ruckman who can swing forward not a forward who can play as a ruckman. Maybe someone like a luke darcy... (i know we couldn't get him, but someone like him)

Brisbane have proved that you can't have only one ruckman in your side if you want to compete in the grand final. McKee has no spring and can't compete with the current rule interpretation.

Too be honest I have no idea who we could trade to get someone like that or a player who would be available for trade like that... I think that bringing in a player from Willi would be awesome if he could stand up to the rigours and speed of AFL football. I only saw Willi play in the grand final and don't know enuf about Guy Richards... He was good but i don't know enuf about him....

I think we should be able to trust MM in whatever he chooses, look where he has brought us so far, he knows what he is doing...

--Bear
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

McGough is 18 get off his case.
TRELOS

Post by TRELOS »

to one of the moderators, do you think maybe you should set up a seperate forum for trade talk?? because theres going to be a large amount of rumours etc in here, just a thought
JLC

Post by JLC »

This is the best time to trade a Kinnear or a Molloy. Kinnear will be seen as a player who was part of a finals campaign and broke into a strong team. Cameron Cloke and Davidson can step up and cover his loss.

A few years ago we didnt have much bargaining power as our list wasnt strong. I think now we have some very marketable players.

As Eddie said its surprising so many players were down as we play in front of big crowds and big games every week.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Adz

Post by Adz »

Shaw and Co will stay. Shaw is so young, you can't expect him to save collingwood when a team is thrashing us.