Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

i just hard on the 9 news that brown has quit the dogs is in negotion with 3 clubs Rich hawks and the pies
RayByrneForPOPE

Post by RayByrneForPOPE »

Buckley Clement Wakelin Burns Lica Rocca Fraser Johnson Cloke Presti Scotland Tarrant. These are the only players on our list that i reckon arent tradeable. Its ok for players to show courage, put in a good effort have a go etc thats fine but that doesnt mean they will deliver you a flag.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 35 times

Post by David »

I reckon Scotland's tradeable
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

the j/k that woey fan wrote means just kidding
dont take it so serious guys
There is just one team we favour...
Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

I don't think we will trade any top line players which will make it difficult to get Brown. I think the best players we might offer would be Lonie, O'bree & Scotland.

I would add Didak and Woewodin to the list of untradeable's
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Sultan of spin

Post subject: Trade Week!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know when trade week actually starts & how long it goes for this year? If it is after the exhibition match I think there might be a few guys with a point to prove in London (scotland, O'bree, Lonie, etc)

Daks is a Champ

Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont think that scotto has any point to prove, he is one of our most consistant performers, mick just wont give him a game. as for cheesy, i think he has a big point to prove, i wouldnt be surprised if we traded him this year!. Lonie is safe.. he does his job week in week out.

Dale61

800hp, 750kgs. Go hard, turn left. Crash big.

Location: Williamstown, Victoria, Australia Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:54 pm
Post subject:

Sultan, I think Trade Week starts on the 14th October, and for how long it goes for, that's fairly obvious.

The National Draft is on Nov 23.

Sultan of spin

Post subject:

I remember there was a lot of talk about reducing the trading time from a week to 4-5 days or something like that, I wasn't sure if they had brought it in or not.

I know The London match is only a semi serious exbition but at least we will get another look at few guys before the trade peroid. Scotland might have been a consistant performer but the return of Tarks and possible new recruiting I think they may be forced to trade him.

Others that I think will be seriously looked at are: O'bree, Lonie, Kinnear, McGough, Rupert, Leon & McKee. I wouldn't trade Leon or Rupert because I think they are quality players but I think they will be looked at. Molloy won't be traded he will either retire or stay for one more season.

Other than Maxwell I don't think any of the other rookies will be retained. I don't think any will be promoted because after trading and the draft we simply won't have any room on the list.

Dale61

800hp, 750kgs. Go hard, turn left. Crash big.

Location: Williamstown, Victoria, Australia Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:27 pm
Post subject:

If I can remember where I read it earlier today, I'll jot down the dates and post them here.

Maxwell has already been elevated from the rookie list. This was done some time ago, about mid-July, when it was made public that Tarks had his set back. I included this news in one of my Williamstown posts.

Sultan of spin

Post subject:

Yeah but when Tarks returns from the long term injury list Maxwell has to go back down to the Rookie list. You can only have 38 on the list plus 2 veterans.

Sultan of spin

Post by Sultan of spin »

No one would be that stupid
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Ben Kinnear is lucky if St Bernards want him in the VAFA.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

You need to keep in mind that you can only trade players that other teams want. You dont want to trade your best and so it is most likely you will offer your middle of the road players.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Bulldogs need midfielders and talls. Maybe Kinnear and Scotland.

To get Nick Stevens, you need someone who is willing to go to SA. That means our SA boys will be looked at. Unless we can just offer our first round pick (17 I think) and Port take that rather than get nothing.
westernpie

Post by westernpie »

I agree Lone ranger 37.We would all like to see Stevens &Brown at he club next year, but i just cant see who can be traded.Port & Bulldogs are only going to want quailty players as they should,and I cant see any of our tops players even being considered.We might only be able to target one
Burns4PM

Post by Burns4PM »

I know alot of people are really disappointed as we all are.
Wholesale deslistings and judgements on the GF performance must be tempered as after all the boys did have a great year. Yesterday was the only Finals game that we haven't performed in for the entire group.
So don't get carried away.

What do we need to continue to improve???
Firstly:
We have struggled for a 3rd goalkicker with Davis/Didak and O'Bree chiming in but none really grabbing the op. We need as a first priority IMO Nathan Brown who could also develop into a midfielder as well.
Secondly:
Our midfield depth is not bad... better than most. But NOT top echelon. Not enough class in the group who I think is: Bux, Lica, Burns, Woey, Holland, OBree, Scotland, McGough, Lockyer.
The only 2 players in there who are not naturally run-with players and are classy are: Bux/Lockyer. We need Stevens as well.

This will be a HUGE task to get one let alone two.
Possible trades for both:
Stevens for Didak plus 18th pick.
Didak would be expendable if we get Brown as well and besides he is from SA (PA Magpies) so may be willing to go.

Which means Bulldogs would have to take a player package unless we can snag a half decent pick for Mckee (maybe from Stkilda).
Brown for O'Bree, Davis, Scotland, Kinnear in a combination.

I'm sure Collingwood would love to ssure up the defence with a Solomon or Jacobs and this may be 3rd priority.
TRELOS

Post by TRELOS »

People, you have to realise, we CANNOT trade Didak because he signed a new contract this year and has not completed the first year of it which makes him ineligible to be traded, so any thoughts of trading Didak just wont happen
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Burns4PM...where is your head at the moment?............in the clouds?

Collingwood will not trade Didak.....end of story.
RitchieColeRocks

Post by RitchieColeRocks »

*rolls eyes*
no cole and shaw should not be dropped... i was there first grand final.
Shaw gives us that all important speed out of the backline, and cole the guts and hardness that we will lack when burns retires....
scotland will be fine, he is good and does a job...
"Carn the Pies"