#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote: I'm not sure a 24 hourly update and review is anywhere near intensive enough.
i will be periscoping training tonight. exclusive and live. i will follow him around and see if he won't speak to the little people to reassure them and reduce their anxiety levels.
Finally, someone willing to do the hard yards and get answers to the tough questions!
he better be on the plane or things might get a bit tricky.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:Having declared my skepticism about Scharenberg, I'm going to cease any more commentary, particularly criticism of the kid, until his contract issue is resolved one way or another. As I've said previously, depending on that outcome, I'll either declare him a selfish, ungrateful, slowish half back flanker, or else anoint him as the only true heir to Pendles and future Collingwood captain. 8)
i do enjoy your balanced, even perspective on things. :)
afisher

Post by afisher »

As an interesting aside to the scharenberg speculation , and some of the vitriol directed against him
Can anyone else here recall the speculation about Nathan Buckley around 1995 when many ( outside the club) had him signed sealed and delivered to Port as there inaugural captain ( think that was the speculation). I remember distinctly many " supporters" at a game at the G booing ( the non racial boo) bucks during a number of games on the back of that speculation. On reflection a sad
For me anyway it showed to be not presumptive . If it happens I may sink the boots in , but until then I will try to avoid the Buckley booing syndrome, as it tarnished Bucks by the many supporters who joined in !

Anyone else remember this happening .
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Not worth losing sleep over, if he wants to go there's nothing we can do about it, we'll get either of the SA clubs first round selections as compensation.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Seems we are so confident of him staying we are willing to bring in his best mate as well, come on down Aish.

:wink:
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I agree. By "we" do you mean you and me?
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

afisher wrote:As an interesting aside to the scharenberg speculation , and some of the vitriol directed against him
Can anyone else here recall the speculation about Nathan Buckley around 1995 when many ( outside the club) had him signed sealed and delivered to Port as there inaugural captain ( think that was the speculation). I remember distinctly many " supporters" at a game at the G booing ( the non racial boo) bucks during a number of games on the back of that speculation. On reflection a sad
For me anyway it showed to be not presumptive . If it happens I may sink the boots in , but until then I will try to avoid the Buckley booing syndrome, as it tarnished Bucks by the many supporters who joined in !

Yeah you are spot on. I remember this happening very well.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Lazza wrote:
afisher wrote:As an interesting aside to the scharenberg speculation , and some of the vitriol directed against him

Yeah you are spot on. I remember this happening very well.
Does anyone remember Darren Meade giving Buckley some new Port Adelaide socks from the side of the race after this game? its on you tube!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
themonk

Post by themonk »

HAL wrote:I agree. By "we" do you mean you and me?
yeah! why not
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:
John Wren wrote: i will be periscoping training tonight. exclusive and live. i will follow him around and see if he won't speak to the little people to reassure them and reduce their anxiety levels.
Finally, someone willing to do the hard yards and get answers to the tough questions!
he better be on the plane or things might get a bit tricky.
the periscoping went ahead as planned. just no fecking schazza to interview.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:Having declared my skepticism about Scharenberg, I'm going to cease any more commentary, particularly criticism of the kid, until his contract issue is resolved one way or another. As I've said previously, depending on that outcome, I'll either declare him a selfish, ungrateful, slowish half back flanker, or else anoint him as the only true heir to Pendles and future Collingwood captain. 8)
i do enjoy your balanced, even perspective on things. :)
You call that balance? I'll either be standing inside a chalk-drawn pentacle, mouthing ritual incantations to levitate his heart and liver out of his body, or calling for his immediate appointment to the AFL Hall of Fame.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

He's Gawn
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

scoobydoo wrote:He's Gawn
On what do you base this revelatory post?
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Wokko wrote:
Being Dropped :wink:
I am Da Man
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Dave The Man wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Being Dropped :wink:
Well that sucks. Didn't seem to do much wrong. Maybe dropped for not singing the song hard enough :lol: