#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

RudeBoy wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:Played one Qtr, seems to be a regular pattern with the Pies with Players (especially young ones) who only get the one Qtr when a sub, no alarm bells, imagine there would have been many back room discussions going on prior to the decision and Scharenberg would have been well aware of all of them!
FFS, he played a full game the previous week. No-one owns a spot in our team, especially young developing players. We are now at the pointy end of the season, and because of our precarious position, we have to win all our remaining games if we are to make the finals. That means we must pick our best team each week, unless we lose a game and are out of the finals race. If that happens, by all means play a few kids and give them more experience, but until that occurs, players like Goldsack, Oxley and Maynard are probably ahead of Scharenberg in the queue for a senior berth.
Well why isn't Youngy been looked , he owns a spot in our team easily! :twisted:
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

RudeBoy wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:Played one Qtr, seems to be a regular pattern with the Pies with Players (especially young ones) who only get the one Qtr when a sub, no alarm bells, imagine there would have been many back room discussions going on prior to the decision and Scharenberg would have been well aware of all of them!
FFS, he played a full game the previous week. No-one owns a spot in our team, especially young developing players. We are now at the pointy end of the season, and because of our precarious position, we have to win all our remaining games if we are to make the finals. That means we must pick our best team each week, unless we lose a game and are out of the finals race. If that happens, by all means play a few kids and give them more experience, but until that occurs, players like Goldsack, Oxley and Maynard are probably ahead of Scharenberg in the queue for a senior berth.
Well why isn't Youngy been looked , he owns a spot in our team easily! :twisted:
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

roar wrote:I was in the "he'll stay" camp until now. I just don't agree that the reasons for his dropping are logical.
They are logical:

1. He was the sub last week so clearly on the edge of selection
2. We had brought Marsh in as another medium-tall defender

I felt that we would play one of Marsh or Scharenberg this week. My preference was for Scharenberg as I think Marsh is more likely to make crucial mistakes, but it's not a surprise that we decided to stick with the first gamer.

Add to all this that Scharenberg has been a long time out of the game, he wouldn't be at peak fitness and playing a string of senior games would be a stretch.
Last edited by AN_Inkling on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well done boys!
Beast

Post by Beast »

His numbers looked good on paper but at a closer inspection most of his possessions were dinky 1-2 hand passes with bugger all impact on the play.

He's miles away from the player he was projecting to be prior the injuries so it's quite possible he's been dropped on form.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

To be honest if Shazza hasn't shown a strong indication that he'll re-sign I'd rather we protect his trade value and lower the risk of serious injury over the remaining 4 weeks.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Beast wrote:His numbers looked good on paper but at a closer inspection most of his possessions were dinky 1-2 hand passes with bugger all impact on the play.

He's miles away from the player he was projecting to be prior the injuries so it's quite possible he's been dropped on form.
Yep, got about half his possessions on one transistion from our back pocket into our forward line but that is the type of line breaking run we want to see from him that hasn't happened at VFL level yet so not all bad.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:To be honest if Shazza hasn't shown a strong indication that he'll re-sign I'd rather we protect his trade value and lower the risk of serious injury over the remaining 4 weeks.
Players are as "at risk" of injury playing either level, hell they can do that training.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

They are but at the higher tempo of AFL the risk increases.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

swoop42 wrote:They are but at the higher tempo of AFL the risk increases.
Would almost argue its less rough at AFL level, still get waway with all the dirty crap at VFL and below..
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
HAL

Post by HAL »

swoop42 wrote:They are but at the higher tempo of AFL the risk increases.
but at the higher tempo of AFL the risk increases are but at the higher tempo of AFL the risk increases .
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

CH10 Said a Young Pie on the Move.

So I guess Scharanberg is Gone
I am Da Man
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Think they said might be on the move.

Probably just rehashing bigfooty rumours.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Dave The Man wrote:CH10 Said a Young Pie on the Move.

So I guess Scharanberg is Gone
why do you always leap to conclusions?

i'd be surprised if a) c10 had a scoop of this nature, and b) they'd wait for sport to announce it.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

They're probably just playing with words.

"On the move" could easily mean a young player "on the rise" like Scharenberg.

Perhaps he's set to re-sign.

Wait and see.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Might also be in relation to a rising star nomination.