#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:We've done well out of most trades/departures in recent times, I'm not too fussed.
I'm actually rapt that he wants out because I have never rated him much as a player. Now we can trade him for a player who wants to play for Collingwood.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

mosig wrote:
5150 wrote:Matt came to my juice stand this afternoon and ordered a strawberry, banana and blueberry smoothie.

He even had the nerve to ask as I was blending up his drink "do you think I'm gunna look good into those colors"

Gonski...
That's all the evidence I need. But then, I find anecdotal juice related statements particularly compelling.
Thanks for telling me your opinion.

Post by 3.14159 »

I think this might be structure and opportunity issue.
Since Sharon arrived at the club players like Langdon, Marsh, Oxley and Frost have filled up the key backline positions.
Scharenberg was drafted as an intercept player but Langdon has taken that role.
Seedsmans in much the same boat, a more than handy player when he's playing well but not good enough when he isn't.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

Neil Appleby wrote:Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.
i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

It might come back to bite me on the arse but it's time to stop sitting on the fence.

He's gone in my opinion.

I've always had my suspicions once he started talking about putting off contract talks till the end of the year as it's a common story we've seen time and again from players who inevitably end up leaving.

In Scharenbergs case it's even more peculiar given his injury history with most players in similar circumstances being just content to be re-signed.

Some would say he was just holding off until his senior debut in the hope of securing a more lucrative contract offer but with that moment passing and only 3 weeks to go in our season I can't see a reason to hold out any longer if he genuinely wants to stay.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.
i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.
Is this stoning day only for Legends Members. Because quite frankly with all the money I give the Club I expect to get some stones with scarf and cap for my money.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

RudeBoy wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:We've done well out of most trades/departures in recent times, I'm not too fussed.
I'm actually rapt that he wants out because I have never rated him much as a player. Now we can trade him for a player who wants to play for Collingwood.
You can't know that for sure. I remember you were pretty certain Cloke was gone too. I actually think he'll be a gun but if he goes I'm confident we'll work ourselves a good deal.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Darkstranger

Post by Darkstranger »

First time I've said it, reckon it's now or never for Shazza, unfortunately I'm now in the never camp.

Oh well 2 first round pick again!
There is Collingwood and then the rest.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

jackcass wrote:
swoop42 wrote:To be honest if Shazza hasn't shown a strong indication that he'll re-sign I'd rather we protect his trade value and lower the risk of serious injury over the remaining 4 weeks.
Players are as "at risk" of injury playing either level, hell they can do that training.
\
Especially Friday training!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

If he does go & Aish goes with him it does invite the notion of a big name player like Dangerfield coming to us + some other things in the mix.

Then again all is speculation & a lot of us thought Cloke might have been a goner too as JW was pointing out.
Last edited by watt price tully on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

RudeBoy wrote:I don't understand why so many of my fellow Nicksters have been unable/unwilling to accept what has been blatantly obvious for months now - Scharenberg does not want to play for Collingwood. His body language has screamed it, his continual deferring of contract negotiations has screamed it, his unwillingness to say that he wants to play for us has screamed it, and now we know that he won't tell the club what he wants to do. What part of his behaviour and language don't some of you understand? It's now time for us to tell him what to do. F*ck off.

First round draft pick, Scharenberg and Kennedy to Adelaide for Dangerfield. Do it Pies.
I called it before you :P but do have some splinters lodged in my arse subsequently.

I think dreams of Dangerfield should be put on hold given our interest in Treloar and strong assumption he's off to Geelong.

As I've said in the past if we had of got the same type of performance out of Scharenberg that we've seen in Langdon over the last two years we'd have been delighted that we'd nailed our No.6 pick.

With Langdon, Maynard and now Marsh I believe structurally we have the coverage for Scharenberg should he indeed leave and could actually benefit from using the compensation by drafting/trading for a player to fill an area of the ground we have more weakness in.

We would want a first round selection for Scharenberg but should be mindful that Brisbane would feel the exact same way about Aish should he be interested in coming to us.

Given the whole Beams saga though last year I'm sure there is a bit of bad blood between us and we'll look to squeeze Aish out of Brisbane for something less than a first rounder if that trade eventuates.

Adelaide might trade for him as well.

Ideally if Scharenberg leaves we use a first round selection on a forward prospect either of key forward size or with speed and x-factor.

Motlop or Bennell another alternative we could explore.

The former we probably couldn't afford alongside Treloar the latter mightn't be suitable given the whole Keeffe/Thomas drama.

Scharenberg might end up a gun in a few years time and we look back and say if only but if he wants to leave and is out of contract not much we can do other than make the best out of the situation.
Last edited by swoop42 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

John Wren wrote:
What exactly is a mass stoning at the Westpac center?
Is it like moslem countries where women get stoned for committing adultery or is it like Western countries where women get stoned and commit adultery?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Darkstranger wrote:First time I've said it, reckon it's now or never for Shazza, unfortunately I'm now in the never camp.

Oh well 2 first round pick again!
1 or Both could be Traded
I am Da Man
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

I think he will stay
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

swoop42 wrote:It might come back to bite me on the arse but it's time to stop sitting on the fence.

He's gone in my opinion.

I've always had my suspicions once he started talking about putting off contract talks till the end of the year as it's a common story we've seen time and again from players who inevitably end up leaving.

In Scharenbergs case it's even more peculiar given his injury history with most players in similar circumstances being just content to be re-signed.
So where's Freeman going then? Exactly the same situation.

I don't know if he's going or staying and don't see the fascination in being the first to call him gone (Rudeboy seems to like going very hard and early on this :D). When the news is out (no not tonight's non-news) I'll think about it, until then he's a Collingwood player.
Well done boys!