#12 Matt Scharenberg

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mosig wrote:36 pages in it is 100% clear to me that he might go but there is also a possibility that he will stay. Potentially involving trades and or draft picks.
Looks more chance to Go then Stay Sadly
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Here are 3 Players on our List how play Simmlar Postion and could be as good as Matt:

I am Da Man
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Marsh is not a flanker. More a second or third tall.

Langdon has a long kick - but not very accurate and doesn't have Scharenberg's elite vision and disposal.

Maynard is all class and a beautiful kick. But a very different player to Scharenberg.

Long and the short of it, I hope we can somehow retain Scharenberg because he is going to be special.
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

cooldewd wrote:Marsh is not a flanker. More a second or third tall.

Langdon has a long kick - but not very accurate and doesn't have Scharenberg's elite vision and disposal.

Maynard is all class and a beautiful kick. But a very different player to Scharenberg.

Long and the short of it, I hope we can somehow retain Scharenberg because he is going to be special.
This.....

I'm optimistic Scharenberg will stay because not many walk out on Collingwood after such a short stay and not much else. Very disappointed if he becomes a gun at Adelaide and we get bugger-all for him...
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Getting touch of the Nick Davis' maybe.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

Wokko wrote:Getting touch of the Nick Davis' maybe.
At the same time Nick Davis earned the reputation of "Not being a good bloke" and he proved this description of him as being close to the mark on a number of occasions. As time went on he proved to be unpopular with the players of the team he played for.

There is nothing to indicate that Scharenberg is similar in this respect.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Neil Appleby wrote:Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.
Got the kettle on just in case............ :cry: :?
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

perthmagpie wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:Hope Lazza is warming a good china tea-pot and that your best Oolong tea is being handled with tender loving care JW, because I reckon the odds of Shazza wearing black and white are shortening by the day.
i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.
Is this stoning day only for Legends Members. Because quite frankly with all the money I give the Club I expect to get some stones with scarf and cap for my money.
A few flats and a packet of gravel.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

neil wrote:
John Wren wrote:
i should invite rudie to this. he looks like he needs a good cuppa, a bex and a lie down. let's schedule this for the day we have the mass stoning down at the westpac centre.
What exactly is a mass stoning at the Westpac center?
Is it like moslem countries where women get stoned for committing adultery or is it like Western countries where women get stoned and commit adultery?
Yes
scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo »

Has he Gawn yet?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

scoobydoo wrote:Has he Gawn yet?
Depends who you ask.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Member 7167 wrote:
Wokko wrote:Getting touch of the Nick Davis' maybe.
At the same time Nick Davis earned the reputation of "Not being a good bloke" and he proved this description of him as being close to the mark on a number of occasions. As time went on he proved to be unpopular with the players of the team he played for.

There is nothing to indicate that Scharenberg is similar in this respect.
Scharenberg seems very reserved to me and not necessarily the personality type to be "one of the boys".

The small town feel of Adelaide compared to Melbourne might suit him better.

Could also be nothing more than money and the allure of home.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

swoop42 wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:
RudeBoy wrote: Dangerfield is not a free agent, he's a limited free agent or something like that.
That only means Adelaide can match the $$$ offered. I am still right.
Geelong will have to trade for Dangerfield if Adelaide force there hand and match any offer.

Could happen, may not.
If Adelaide matches the offer, Dangerfield must stay or he must go into the draft. If he does that he could end up with substantially less than what he was being offered and go to a different club. Geelong would have no chance.
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote: That only means Adelaide can match the $$$ offered. I am still right.
Geelong will have to trade for Dangerfield if Adelaide force there hand and match any offer.

Could happen, may not.
If Adelaide matches the offer, Dangerfield must stay or he must go into the draft. If he does that he could end up with substantially less than what he was being offered and go to a different club. Geelong would have no chance.
I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure if he goes into the draft he can nominate his contract and any club selecting him is bound to pay it.